Mattress bag

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I have had a quote of £48 + £5.82 postage for a heavy duty nylon mattress bag 151 x 51 x 31cm with a zip along three sides (151cm & 2 x 51cm).

Does that sound reasonable?

Stick a Brandrup label on it and it would be £148 +

For a U.K. made bespoke item IMO that’s ok

For a one off that seems pretty reasonable as it is made in the UK.
Where was it from as I am after a bag for our beach mattress

For a one off that seems pretty reasonable as it is made in the UK.
Where was it from as I am after a bag for our beach mattress

Correspondence below. I have simplified the description of the mattress. To describe the Beach comfort mattress design in words would take several pages!

=====

Dear Tom

Thank you for your made to measure enquiry (shown below).

With a combined total of over 170 years Textile Manufacturing experience, our Production Department would love to offer you a top-quality solution for your needs.

The price for your bag will be £40 per bag.

Our delivery charge to UK mainland is £5.82 per order.

Prices are shown excluding Vat.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss what other options are available for your bag then please contact me.

To place an order, please call us on tel. 01509 814271 (during office hours).

Kind regards
Dave Bond

Bags2cover Ltd, Unit 2G, Sileby Road
Barrow Upon Soar, Leicestershire. LE12 8LP
Tel 01509 814271
Company Reg. 04887298 VAT Reg. 102551757
www.bags2cover.co.uk

Sent: 10 February 2020 09:16
To: David Bond
Subject: Made to measure bag quote request

Would you like a Bag or CoverBag
Type of Bag/CoverRectangular
Bag Shape Dimensions
Quantity1
Width (cm)151
Height (cm)31
Depth (cm)51
Style Your Bag
Type of FabricHeavy Duty
Closure TypeZipped Closure
Carry HandlesNo Handles
PaddedUn-Padded
Customising with own logo?Logo Not Required
Additional Information
Likely Bag / Cover ContentsFolding campervan mattress
Any other helpful info re. your requirementsThe bag is for a three-fold (four section) VW campervan mattress. In transit, the mattress sits on the rear parcel shelf of the campervan. To use, the rear bench seat of the van folds down completely, and is level with the parcel shelf. The parcel shelf and flattened bench seat together form a flat bed base 150cm wide and 200cm long.

For ease of use, the zip should unzip and fold completely back from the 151cm x 51cm top, so the open bag can be completely pushed down to reveal the mattress for unfolding, then the bag removed from beneath the mattress, all without removing the mattress from the rear of the van, so that in wet weather it won't get wet.

Sounds good to me. anything bespoke is always a bit pricey but this doesn’t seem to bad.

Certainly interested to see the finish result, what no CALI logo !

Jackyards heavy duty cotton bag
£199 - same colour scheme as our seat covers

Bags2cover heavy duty nylon bag
£54.98 - plain black

I’ve ordered one of each. The VW comfort mattress will go in the Jackyards bag, the Brandrup mattress will go in the Bags2cover bag.

I’ll post a review when they arrive.

The dimensions of the VW mattress depends on the way it is folded or zipped together.
With the multi flex down i had the mattress like this
IMG_20200215_083906_copy_3527x2344.jpg
However for a bag I think it would be easiest to have it like one of these
IMG_20200215_083958_copy_3105x2419.jpgIMG_20200215_084050_copy_3000x3083.jpg

Not sure which to go for though

The dimensions of the VW mattress depends on the way it is folded or zipped together.
With the multi flex down i had the mattress like this
View attachment 55334
If you push the two small pads in that photo into a vertical position you get the mattress shape I measured: 150 x 50 x 30cm with two long rectangular shaped rods missing.

I have received the bags2cover.co.uk mattress bag (£54.98).

First impressions are good rather than excellent.

IMG_0187.JPG

The bag with the Brandrup mattress inside is bigger than the mattress. A rough measurement gives 151 x 54 x 33cm plus zip width, not the 151 x 51 x 31cm I requested. I took one further measurement, the circumference, by wrapping a length of garden twine around the bag, then cutting. The twine measured 168cm suggesting 52 x 32cm for the width and height. The 168 was probably an underestimate as there was no slack in the twine but the bag was crumpled.

However, by happy coincidence the multiflex pad, which needs to be used with the Brandrup mattress, will also fit inside the bag.

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

I then tried the VW comfort mattress inside the bag.

IMG_0191.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

A much closer fit, but not tight.

So partly by luck, my rating for the product changes from good to excellent. It can be used to transport or store the Brandrup mattress and multiflex pad or the VW comfort mattress.

My one regret is not asking for carry handles. I thought it would be too large for carry handles, it is not. For me this is not a significant problem as it will only be transferred between a high shelf in our bike shed and the boot of our van, but nonetheless, carry straps would be useful.

Ducksback extra large awning... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N2HPFHA/?tag=eliteelect-21
I paid £19.99 for mine and I can get the comfort matterss topper, two pillows and a double duvet in it

The dimensions of that are 120 x 80 x 15 cm

The dimensions of the folded Beach mattress (VW or Brandrup) are 150 x 50 x 30, so if the 80 x 15 gave sufficient circumference for 50 x 30, there would still be 30cm of mattress poking out of one end.

I agree that £50 is not cheap, but it is heavy duty nylon, and it is a bespoke size, perfectly fitting with the mattress pad (by pure good luck).

I just got a waterproof fabric cover for the mattress. Lower the seat pull out the mattress, unfold the 2 duvets, thick and thin, and sleep.

We asked Denise at Jackyards to make us a bag for our beach comfort mattress that matches our seat covers. Zips around each end and vecro across one long edge means that the the bag is easily unfolded when the matress is needed. Pictures dont really do it justice byt we are relly happy. Bag was delierately made with room to speare so all our beeding can also go in it when we are travelling.

IMG_2144[1].JPG

IMG_2143[2].JPG

IMG_2142[1].JPG

IMG_2141[1].JPG

IMG_2135[1].JPG

View attachment 55775

The bag with the Brandrup mattress inside is bigger than the mattress. A rough measurement gives 151 x 54 x 33cm plus zip width, not the 151 x 51 x 31cm I requested. I took one further measurement, the circumference, by wrapping a length of garden twine around the bag, then cutting. The twine measured 168cm suggesting 52 x 32cm for the width and height. The 168 was probably an underestimate as there was no slack in the twine but the bag was crumpled.

However, by happy coincidence the multiflex pad, which needs to be used with the Brandrup mattress, will also fit inside the bag.

View attachment 55776

View attachment 55777

View attachment 55778

View attachment 55779

So partly by luck, my rating for the product changes from good to excellent. It can be used to transport or store the Brandrup mattress and multiflex pad or the VW comfort mattress.

My one regret is not asking for carry handles. I thought it would be too large for carry handles, it is not. For me this is not a significant problem as it will only be transferred between a high shelf in our bike shed and the boot of our van, but nonetheless, carry straps would be useful.
Hi Tom,
I've just got a quote from them for the same thing, any further feedback? I have requested handles but went for Standard fabric.
Thanks

View attachment 55775

View attachment 55776

View attachment 55777

View attachment 55778

View attachment 55779

Hi Tom,

I have the VW comfort mattress and have just got a quote for the same thing with Handles. Do you have any further feedback on it since the post?
I had requested standard fabric so think I'll change to heavy duty - any other tips?
Thanks
Neil

Hi Tom,
I've just got a quote from them for the same thing, any further feedback? I have requested handles but went for Standard fabric.
Thanks

Hi Tom,

I have the VW comfort mattress and have just got a quote for the same thing with Handles. Do you have any further feedback on it since the post?
I had requested standard fabric so think I'll change to heavy duty - any other tips?
Thanks
Neil
I think you should definitely upgrade the fabric. I spoke with them of the phone, and the standard fabic is, apparently, flimsy. Handles are a good idea.

My custom made bag from Bags2Cover arrived yesterday - very impressed.
I went on the generous side with measurements so we can include other sheets etc in it, so the comfort mattress sailed into it with no problems. Handles make it really easy to transport and its now stored in the garage with confidence that its protected from the kids!
Thanks for the info.

My custom made bag from Bags2Cover arrived yesterday - very impressed.
I went on the generous side with measurements so we can include other sheets etc in it, so the comfort mattress sailed into it with no problems. Handles make it really easy to transport and its now stored in the garage with confidence that its protected from the kids!
Thanks for the info.
Any pics of your mattress bag? How has it held up after a year? Thinking of something similar for our beach?

Back