Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress confusion - T6 Ocean.

L

lefley61

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 102
Hi everyone,

Please help! I am very confused about mattresses! Can you please advise about

1. Bandrupt iEXTEND mattress and the iEXTEND pad?
I have a foam pad on the back shelf already – is this just standard and do I need to replace with an iEXTENDPAD?

2. Zone Sleep sell mattress toppers which look much thinner – are there any reviews on these.

3. And lastly a VW comfort mattress? I am looking for a soft bed (tongue in cheek) but would prefer not to have a hard mattress. I have no idea where to start. Your help would be appreciated J

I only know about the standard bed and the comfort bed.

Our first Cali had the standard bed (ouch) and I bought a mattress topper from one of the high street stores and cut it to size. It was then very comfortable and when not in use we rolled the topper up like a Swiss roll, quite small, and put luggage straps around it. You also had the choice of putting the parcel shelf in the raised position if you left that part of the bed at home, giving you more storage room underneath; it was still comfortable if you slept head forward.

Our next Cali came with the comfort mattress. It’s OK, but I personally preferred the solution above for flexibility and comfort (cheaper too!)

The Brandrupt iEXTEND is made to use with the standard VW rear parcel foam pad. This requires the back wire shelf to be in the lower position.
The iEXTENDPAD (it's thinner) instead of the VW one allows you to have the shelf in higher position giving little more storage space below.
Comfort is not noticeably different, i.e. very, very firm!

There is lots to read on the forum if you search on the relevant names. I think you may find them ALL too firm. Even the zonesleeps are quite structural, despite feeling quality and soft (on the top layer).
I may try a cheap memory foam topper under my downstairs zonesleep.....memory foam is criticised for being too hot / sweaty, but the zonesleep should overcome that.

Thanks everyone - understand the iEXTEND pad now - less confused :)

Back