Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress Depth Dimensions

Wogga

Wogga

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all. Whilst I wait for my van to arrive I am ordering some fitted sheets however I need the depth of the standard VW top Mattress and the VW comfort mattress on the bottom. Can anyone help please? I have length and width just need the depth of each. @GrumpyGranddad are you still fiddling in your van :)

Thanks in Anticipation.

Hi all. Whilst I wait for my van to arrive I am ordering some fitted sheets however I need the depth of the standard VW top Mattress and the VW comfort mattress on the bottom. Can anyone help please? I have length and width just need the depth of each. @GrumpyGranddad are you still fiddling in your van :)

Thanks in Anticipation.
I need the same info Wogga, any news on your collection?? Mine is in the UK now :)

I need the same info Wogga, any news on your collection?? Mine is in the UK now :)
Nope no more news Tracey, out of production waiting for a train to Emden as of Friday. I will give them a chat on Wednesday, best case scenario which has been done recently is get the ship on Friday. I am expecting it will be the Immingham sailing. Ordering fromDuvelay direct was going to use the club shop but they didn't have the colours I was "ordered" to get :)

Thanks in Anticipation.
Not fiddling, just have a frustrating wait on the jammed bench seat :-(
Mind you I have bought a seat back holder for a very old iPad. Will use it for watching Netflix, iPlayer, etc. I have an unlimited data plan on my iPhone, set up a Personal WiFi Hotspot on it, connected the iPad to it. Works a treat. Don’t plan to watch too much TV when we’re away in the Cali, but nice to have.

1A056763-FA94-4209-B726-74E02533B6D6.jpeg

77660243-04B4-4BB6-8241-3A110C0C8A21.jpeg

27F16F8E-D8C2-4DBC-B753-4CE572B7F651.jpeg

Decent quality and low price.

AD25750A-C726-48AC-AD9B-6B9BBF1562E8.jpeg

Thanks in Anticipation.
Hi Wogga,

The comfort mattress is about 40mm, the top mattress measures 40mm when it is still in its bag (this will probably expand a little when the bag is off but no more than 50mm)
We tested sleeping overnight in the bottom bed and I found I needed (the wife needed) a topper for the bottom comfort mattress as well. I bought a double Panda Bamboo topper 50mm from Costco about £80 before the Duvalays arrived. I also bought two single smaller standard Duvalays to use side by side on the bottom bed and this works very well. This all takes up a bit of storage room though but I think it takes priority.

@Grumpy Grandad.. I bought exactly the same headrest mount to use on an iPAD with a small netgear 4G router permanently installed and running in the Cali (that way it supports the Nest 2 Carbon Monoxide and smoke detector as well).
Cheers:)

Hi Wogga,

The comfort mattress is about 40mm, the top mattress measures 40mm when it is still in its bag (this will probably expand a little when the bag is off but no more than 50mm)
We tested sleeping overnight in the bottom bed and I found I needed (the wife needed) a topper for the bottom comfort mattress as well. I bought a double Panda Bamboo topper 50mm from Costco about £80 before the Duvalays arrived. I also bought two single smaller standard Duvalays to use side by side on the bottom bed and this works very well. This all takes up a bit of storage room though but I think it takes priority.

@Grumpy Grandad.. I bought exactly the same headrest mount to use on an iPAD with a small netgear 4G router permanently installed and running in the Cali (that way it supports the Nest 2 Carbon Monoxide and smoke detector as well).
Cheers:)
Thanks for the responses all very much appreciated and sheets on order!
@GrumpyGranddad that’s a nice find, I have a tv from the MoHo I was going to use but Mrs W said I was stupid because it is too big. I might resort to my iPad.

Thanks for the responses all very much appreciated and sheets on order!
@GrumpyGranddad that’s a nice find, I have a tv from the MoHo I was going to use but Mrs W said I was stupid because it is too big. I might resort to my iPad.
The iPad I’m using is quite old (2011/12 - I think). No longer supported by Apple so good to repurpose it rather than bin it :)

I have the Brandrup fitted sheets up and down, they're not
the cheapest but it doesn't matter, nice tight fit and still
looking like new 10yrs on.

Can you leave fitted sheets on the mattress when you fold the roof down? How much bedding can you safely leave on? Sorry if that's a stupid question!

Can you leave fitted sheets on the mattress when you fold the roof down? How much bedding can you safely leave on? Sorry if that's a stupid question!
No problem with the sheets but you can't really leave any bedding up there.

There is a little space when the roof is closed, not enough for bedding
though.

Back