Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress toppers for downstairs bed

I have read several comments on sites selling the S2S mat that it is not easy at all to deflate.

I think it should not be difficult to deflate partially to be able to put in the boot but probably more difficult to deflate completely and put in the bag.
It just doesn’t want to go back in that once it’s been used. It is though easier to deflate than other mattresses as it has a valve that turns and can go on deflate only so the air isn’t fighting to get back in. You have to remember the comfort is in the foam delta-core So it’s gonna be a little chunkier than your average sim.

Ours is folded in 4 and sits nicely (In an envelope type cover I made from a fleece blanket) under the Ikea drona boxes that hold our bedding on the parcel shelf.

I bought a little Tomight Pump (usb charged) from amazon and it can suck out the air. You don’t want to flatten it completely though or it would take ages to reinflate.

@Vlamos - A few questions on using the S2S upstairs if I may:
  • Do you have to remove the S2S to deflate it enough to close the roof, or can you just open the valve (and roll on it?!)
  • Given the corner cut-out, does it work ok with the valve(s) towards the front of the van to make it easier to inflate?
Thanks.
Yes, valves towards the front an deflate it while staying upstairs.

Just got this via email, not sure if its any cheaper than usual:

1600774645318.png

If postage is free, that's the cheapest i've seen it anywher (and I looked everywhere). Personally I would pay an extra £2.95 and order from alpinetrek.co.uk as their service is excellent.

Hi - first post from me.

Just to let everyone know that the Sea to Summit mat is in stock on the S2S website for £250 postage included. I ordered yesterday and it arrived today with a (very decent) free pillow included.

For those Beach owners, Sea to Summit also make a double mattress. 201cm long x 132cm wide. That could be a better fit. The gaps at the side wont be noticed as your bed space is considerably wider than an SE/Ocean/Coast. And if you have those rear side window storage bags you wont be that close to the sides anyway. Or you could place mattress hard to one side and have bags down the other. Lot's of options.

Does the s2s mattress work ok with the 6.1 adjustable back board when it’s raised up on the ratchet

VW comfort mattress in my 6.1 Ocean was not enough confortable for me.
I bought Calibed Prestige II by calicap.de, very confortable, thicker than vw mattress.IMG_20201106_150123.jpgIMG_20201106_145920.jpg

Does the s2s mattress work ok with the 6.1 adjustable back board when it’s raised up on the ratchet
I haven't tried that, I doubt it would work if the mattress was inflated.