Maximum Heating time reached

Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just had a customer call with "Maximum Heating time reached" on the touchscreen camping control unit. The display is completely unresponsive and the message constantly displays regardless of engine running or not. Have tried pulling the four 25amp fuses that has done the trick in the past but not this time. Interestingly, pulling the fuses did not turn the panel off. Anyone got any ideas? This is on a T6.1 Ocean.

Reading this in webasto operating manuals online:

20201025_221649.jpg
Can tell you which fuse it is though...

I thought the cabin heater is the eberspacher and the engine coolant heater is the webasto though? Sorry, I know this doesn't help with the issue though...
I couldn't remember which way around it was, sorry... Still, thought the idea of on/off to remove the fuse might help...

If the control panel is staying live then surely your not pulling the right fuses. It needs to go dead to reset it I believe. Could try disconnecting the battery leads?

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Yes agree - wasn’t being a pedant, just wanted to help the OP with their search of relevant info
He is correct though. We have aux heaters where I work. And when locked out to reset them you call for heat (even though they don't work obviously) and then within 10 seconds cut all the power. We use a c.b for this. Then wait . Then start from scratch.

We had the same problem so road side assistance called for VW was AA guy. In the absence of any info (the fuses tried but no good),from VW so he disconnected both leisure batteries and re booted the system then ok. A warranty visit followed to our local VW van and Cali authorised dealer (Carrs Exeter v good).The system was linked to the computer, error codes found and reset. Been out on trip since with no problems so far. We had checked our Cali instruction book but have been given the 2019 one so only had the T6 display. Is there a 2020 book out there yet??.

I had similar issues where resetting the top display (by removing the extra battery under the chair) fixed the issue every time.

1. Tried starting the heater with low fuel. Top display indicated ”low fuel” and the error message got stuck there so I couldn’t lower the roof or anything.

2. The extra battery got uncharged after 10 days at the workshop. Warning in the top display blocked all use of the display (even after 24+ h of charging).

3. Ran heater in two hours (120min seem to be maximum) and then this message came up ”maximum running time reached”. I can use the display but not the heater.

VW should really allow for a simple CTRL+ALT+DELETE reset (or fix the software). I’m tired of screwing in this brand new car.

————————

BTW: Where are the fuses you guys are referring to, is it under the drivers chair?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Our AA guy removed all 25a fuses next to steering wheel compartment. This DID NOT power down the unit to reboot. Still have no idea which fuses relate to the overhead display unit, no advice yet from VW.. They need to sort this out on our new Cali 6.1!!..we will have a sense of humour failure if this happens again!

You can get fuse layouts for your particular van - see below that I had from VW Live Chat. Crazy that it’s chargeable but probably worth doing to save future hassle.

Fuse layouts can be access via our Technical site, erWin, though this is a chargeable service. https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

The charges are €7 for 1 hour and €30 for 1 day. The price includes printing rights.

Thanks for this but I will speak to VW service guys tomorrow as it goes in for investigation of an intermittent water leak from the nearside kitchen window! I will ask for a copy of fuses diagram and which does what and locations in the Cali. Will share what I find out

Thanks for this but I will speak to VW service guys tomorrow as it goes in for investigation of an intermittent water leak from the nearside kitchen window! I will ask for a copy of fuses diagram and which does what and locations in the Cali. Will share what I find out
Based on others experience I doubt that the dealer will give you the fuse layouts.
Re’ the kitchen window leak, have you checked that the drain holes are not blocked?

Our AA guy removed all 25a fuses next to steering wheel compartment. This DID NOT power down the unit to reboot. Still have no idea which fuses relate to the overhead display unit, no advice yet from VW.. They need to sort this out on our new Cali 6.1!!..we will have a sense of humour failure if this happens again!

Any particar reason you don’t just loosen the screw here and lift the battery off and back on? It will restart the display

b98bda7abdc91ca02c8a5521d79f3b08.jpg

I also read this. Not sure if he’s referring to fuses under the steering wheel though.

8d57fe309734304b4c9e6cddc79cc531.jpg

So VW's advice implies there is no fuse for the control unit. Or maybe there's a separate fuse box for the leisure electrics? Or maybe the control unit has it's own built-in fuse? There just has to be a fuse somewhere!

Thanks all for very good solutions to this problem that many of us are having ugh! VW need to sort this software issue on the 6.1 asap! Also bad new this pm for us as we now need a complete new off side kitchen side window due to its water leak. Not the first defective one our dealer has come across either!! The new window is a factory order in Germany and will need to be built !! Not impressed so far as only bought this £73k Cali Ocean 4 motion on 26 August as new!! Are we just unlucky? Inclined to return it to VW and request our money back at present ....

Thanks all for very good solutions to this problem that many of us are having ugh! VW need to sort this software issue on the 6.1 asap! Also bad new this pm for us as we now need a complete new off side kitchen side window due to its water leak. Not the first defective one our dealer has come across either!! The new window is a factory order in Germany and will need to be built !! Not impressed so far as only bought this £73k Cali Ocean 4 motion on 26 August as new!! Are we just unlucky? Inclined to return it to VW and request our money back at present ....
Wow! How long for the window? I’m amazed there’s no U.K. stock. What if it had been smashed, how long would you be expected to drive an insecure van with a polythene and gaffer tape window? And what would the insurance company have to say about that? Not good.

I did ask my VW dealer this morning if I can have fuse info for the 6.1 but one guy said a loud no and the other guy said that you should be able to get this info? In all my years of buying SKODA new vehicles(my first VW Cali),I have never had so many issues and lack of info?

I did ask my VW dealer this morning if I can have fuse info for the 6.1 but one guy said a loud no and the other guy said that you should be able to get this info? In all my years of buying SKODA new vehicles(my first VW Cali),I have never had so many issues and lack of info?

See below, you can get them and more:-

Luke05:08 PM
Fuse layouts can be access via our Technical site, erWin, though this is a chargeable service. https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

The charges are €7 for 1 hour and €30 for 1 day. The price includes printing rights.

Back