Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Maximum load of awning rail?

IamYann

IamYann

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Is there a max load specified for the factory fitted awning rail? I think I read somewhere that it’s only glued on? Have anyone bolted it on themselves? I’m thinking of using it to attach a combined side ladder and a vertical rack for surfboards.

Is there a max load specified for the factory fitted awning rail? I think I read somewhere that it’s only glued on? Have anyone bolted it on themselves? I’m thinking of using it to attach a combined side ladder and a vertical rack for surfboards.
The Awning rail is glued on and designed for a horizontal not vertical load.

See here.

If you lift the roof and have a look above the rail, you will see two places where the fitted awning attaches (I think there are three threaded holes) if you were to use these to take the weight as well as the awning rail, you might be able to fabricate a solution. Good luck!

Back