Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Maxxcamp Henry - has anyone bought one?

Detritus

Detritus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi

We're two weeks throughout three week European trip and we'be decided we'd like a bit more organised storage for clothes so that we can use the storage box and under seat drawer in our two seats each for food and other bits. I think we'd happily swap one of the rear windows for storage so looking at the Maxxcamp Henry - but before I spend that kind of money I'd love to hear from someone who has actually bought one! Does anyone have one and if yes then are you happy with it? Can you genuinely put 110 litres of clothes in it or is that too heavy in practice?

Thanks,

Jez

I quite fancy one of these too, so will give the thread a bump - I have no value-add other than this pic:

maxxcamp-heckschrank-henry-hecktasche-heckbereich-tasche-verstauen-01.jpg

There was a previous thread on rear bags for the Beach here:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/storage-options-in-the-beach.17579/page-4#post-203051

I quite fancy one of these too, so will give the thread a bump - I have no value-add other than this pic:

maxxcamp-heckschrank-henry-hecktasche-heckbereich-tasche-verstauen-01.jpg

There was a previous thread on rear bags for the Beach here:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/storage-options-in-the-beach.17579/page-4#post-203051
I have one of these....that I never use! I thought we would need it, but I prefer the light airy space from all the windows provide even if it means a bag of luggage extra floating around the back somewhere. I've found the two seater Beach so well designed that the only thing we really need extra is a little pop up tent to chuck our extra bits of luggage in when we stop. Mind you, we take very little with us, and tend to use our van as a place to kip when we visit a pub, rather than longish holidays, and there's only me Sophie and the dog.

Thanks Hirsty - it was that thread that brought this to my attention

Thanks Salty, great to hear from someone with one! Is it of decent quality etc.? Is it a good item in your opinion? I love the two seater beach too and wouldn't swap it - but there are four of us and we want a bit more structured storage than we have available at the moment - fed up of moving bags around, especially when we've been forced to stay inside the van because of weather! We've not brought a pop up tent with us this time as we've been staying in Aires and Stellplatz quite a bit so want to be contained within the van.

If you don't use yours then would you consider selling it? Is it in good condition?

Thanks,

Jez.

Thanks Hirsty - it was that thread that brought this to my attention

Thanks Salty, great to hear from someone with one! Is it of decent quality etc.? Is it a good item in your opinion? I love the two seater beach too and wouldn't swap it - but there are four of us and we want a bit more structured storage than we have available at the moment - fed up of moving bags around, especially when we've been forced to stay inside the van because of weather! We've not brought a pop up tent with us this time as we've been staying in Aires and Stellplatz quite a bit so want to be contained within the van.

If you don't use yours then would you consider selling it? Is it in good condition?

Thanks,

Jez.
Hi Jez, it's really nice quality. I might sell it, I'll have a think today. I'm not sure how to private message, if you do, could you please? Thanks

beat me to the punch ... :D

How much can you get in it @Salty please? - is it Strong and Stable?

I'd like semi-permanent storage for things that we always have onboard just in case, a coat each, walking boots, groundsheet etc and don't have quite enough room for bulkier softer stuff in the current wooden storage box & bench drawer combined.

beat me to the punch ... :D

How much can you get in it @Salty please? - is it Strong and Stable?

I'd like semi-permanent storage for things that we always have onboard just in case, a coat each, walking boots, groundsheet etc and don't have quite enough room for bulkier softer stuff in the current wooden storage box & bench drawer combined.
Hi, yes you can get stacks in there, more than the big draw under the seats, and not much different from the side box actually. Hope that helps.

Back