Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

May I introduce myself?

EnricoWindsurf

EnricoWindsurf

MY2018 T6 Cali Beach 2-seater bench "Silver Surf"
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi, I live in Milan-Italy and I like to go windsurfing at Lake Garda.

I've been dreaming of California for over 10 years, since the T5 came out around 2005. Sometimes I saw one of them owned by the more wealthy surfers in place of a van. California was often Reflex Silver. In 2007 I bought a Caravan and I approached camping life, ideal for a windsurfer. As a car from that time I owned an Audi A4 Avant and a Passat Variant, but my dream was always the Cali. Sadly this year my father passed away and that made me think a lot about how short life is. I told myself that I want to live as if it was my last day, windsurfing and traveling around Europe with my van. My motto will be "Live Fully Now" as the philosopher Allan Watts says. Finally after a 6 months wait in October I collected the California Beach that I wanted: it's a 2-seater bench, quite rare on the market, and it allows me to have the space to put windsurf boards inside. Also has the tow-bar, for occasions when I will tow the caravan. Obviously is Reflex Silver, with light grey interiors. We are three in the family, with my wife and my 14-year-old son, who for now only windsurfs in the summer. I decided to make the investment also for the good residuals of California after 10 years - compared to a normal car that loses completely its value. Maybe apart from the initial investment it will cost me less! I add a few photos of the day when I collected the van. It's nice to know you have it in your garage, it's only 6 cm less than the available space long. For work, however, I use our Polo or a company car. So Cali is ready for the weekends. I'm gonna call it "Silver Surf".

Ciao Enrico

IMG_1875.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

Last edited:
Good on you!!!!
Looks stunning
Enjoy:)

Welcome Enrico!
Nice Cali and great way to follow your idea of living! I like that! And hopefully it won't stay long in your garage because weekend is just beginning!
Cheers

Life is indeed short and the Cali way of life does makes it easy to add quality time to your life ....just hop-in and go to places you want and relax...
Welcome !

Welcome.
That looks lovely.

Great story, welcome & happy travels

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Welcome Enrico.

I'd definitely recommend getting a rear bumper protector. They're relatively inexpensive and will prevent scuffs when you load and unload all your kit.

Silver looks fantastic. :thumb

Nice looking van . Welcome to the forum Enrico.

:welcome
Thanks for your story Enrico. Great background for your new adventures.

Ciao Ciao