Media Navigation system code.

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
When we collected SusiBus T6 last week we were not given the four figure info system code. I have substantially inquired why not, because we needed to know it just in case the engine battery went flat, and was told for security reasons VW didn’t issue it, if you want it you have to apply to them (VW).

When we first had our T5 the engine battery went flat due to too much use of the electric door while listening to the vehicles stereo, (we were new to the Cali seen then) This resulted in the attending VW Assist not being able to fire up our sat/nav system because we didn’t have the code. We contacted the original supplying VW Dealer, who should have had it on their system, they didn’t. Luckily with the help of RAC/VW Assist man this was obtained from VW, who was then able to get us up and running. It was the first day of our first Cali trip!

He pointed out this might not always be that quick and easy to obtain. I don't doubt him!

Do you know your code?

Did the VW dealer give you the system code when you collected your new Cali?

I certainly haven't got the code - I just checked all my documentation. TBH I didn't know there still was one. Because modern media systems are so vehicle specific now some manufacturers have dropped the codes. I had a new battery in my Mazda this week and certainly didn't need a code.

I've had a good trawl through the Infotainment System Manual - can't find any reference to a code there either. Is there still one?

There was a code for our T5.1,
I' ll post when I get an answer about our T6

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
I gather the code is programmed into the ECU on my 2014 and checked each startup. Even after a battery change. From my Dealer who seems to know his stuff.

Makes sense if you read the thread. Susibus was replying to my observation that I cannot find any reference t a code in my T6 documentation.

I gather the code is programmed into the ECU on my 2014 and checked each startup. Even after a battery change. From my Dealer who seems to know his stuff.
That would make sense I guess. No need for us to know it. Only way to check would be for two of us to swap systems ................................

That would make sense I guess. No need for us to know it. Only way to check would be for two of us to swap systems ................................
That causes a different problem, Component protection, if you trigger component protection by moving the unit to another vehicle it will stop working after 10 uses.

I've had a reply from VW with regard to radio codes in California's.
T5's have a radio code which could be required if your battery is disconnected or becomes flat. T6's don't require a code. The info system, (the radio and the map thingy) is cloned to all the codes in the vehicle and if you have a flat battery, or the battery is disconnected, it will automatically start up and find all the connections and work. In fact the system now is a fully integrated part of its original vehicle, and is not transferable to any other vehicle.

I've had a reply from VW with regard to radio codes in California's.
T5's have a radio code which could be required if your battery is disconnected or becomes flat. T6's don't require a code. The info system, (the radio and the map thingy) is cloned to all the codes in the vehicle and if you have a flat battery, or the battery is disconnected, it will automatically start up and find all the connections and work. In fact the system now is a fully integrated part of its original vehicle, and is not transferable to any other vehicle.
Thanks @SusiBus . It all make sense now.