Meet in Tewksbury and a trip in Wales

H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Leaving home in Belgium today to set off to the UK .
Plan is the meet at Tewksbury and a 10 days trip arround Wales .
Got to the ferry in Dunquerke at 12pm to arrive at Dover 13pm lokal time.
As we where tiped the Dungeness site is loveley we are overthere to spend our first night on UK ground( thankx to Dan @TwentyOneThirtyFive ) Drove about 270km + the ferry crossing.
The spot is great , took a walk on the beach with the dog . Cali sitting in the shadow of the old lighthouse.
Weater is ok 18celcius in the afthernoon, hoping it stays dry!
Tomorrow of to a diffrent spot closer to the Tewksbury area.....
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry won't be inTewkesbury this time to meet up with you HC. Have a great trip. You'll love Wales.

This morning afther a good peacefull night took of direction M20 and heading West.About 370 km drive .
Ending up at Postern Hill Campsite near Marlborough camping in the forrest ( again used Dan's tip)
Nice site 12£ for the two+dog , no hook-up as they charged 5,5£ extra as we said no to, with no showers but clean toilets and wash-up bloc . But the weater was ok and we used our solar bag and showerd next to the Cali using the wind-tarp as privacy.
We drove "thru the woods " getting there as the sat-nav lead the wrong way....it took one way wrong at 1mile to the site leading us driving 4 miles straigt thru 200y old trees as i read at the campsite on a brochure it supposed to be the longest "avenue " in the UK
image.jpeg
But ended up this spot
image.jpeg

I am glad the weather is being kind to you!

Spent two amazing days at the meet in Tewksbury , meeting some of you in real life....
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Then headed to Wales we spend the sundaynight at Pontneddfechan afther a 132km drive , last part in the rain and it kept raining the whole night , so afther that beautifull weather over the weekend a real turnaround.
Spend the night here , roof down as it rained a lot and wasn't sure we were allowed to stay the night . They close the gate accesing the parking but you can always drive off over those metal flaps in the ground only outwise.
But arround 11pm heard strange noises , a campervan was manouvering in one standing on the metal flaps holding them down en got in...it was a Fiat campervan licence plate from Polen , had a word with them and they were Aussies doing an europe trip and guess they bought a van in Poland...
image.jpeg
We leave early in the morning took breakfast somewhere else.
Shame , there was a waterfall and they bring people in van's wearing wetsuites doing climbing on the waterfall i guess.

Last edited:
Mondaymorning woke up still raining and plan is to head for the coast up to Wormshead and back and then up south following the coast.
The closer to Wormshead the more fog we got. At arrival we had no view at all , think what supposed to be a stunning view....
image.jpeg

On the road again head for Llaneli buying a outdoor mat with the VW logo , like @briwy had ( and someone else) at the meet , than via Tenby , to Newgale beach witch was cleared out by the time we got there ....had a great walk !
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Heading for St-Davids and up south ending up at Devil's Bridge campsite witch is super.
image.jpeg

Did total of 389km today.

Last edited:
Great to see you are making the most of your UK trip. Sorry the weather stop you getting the views at Wormshead, keep the post coming nice to see Cali trips posted. :thumb

Glad you liked Dungeness :) It really is a very odd place, but has a strange bleak beauty. I do wonder how much longer wilding will be tolerated down there now that Eon own the land.

Shame about the weather, we were by the Black Mountains over the weekend for the HUBB meeting and the camping field was pretty much a lake when we arrived! Hopefully things will improve for you.

Enjoy!

The weather is looking up here in England, hope the same is happening in Wales.

Afther leaving Devil's Bridge Campsite witch was superb! We head off to Llanberis ( did 145km today) to look for a place to spent the night as we want to walk up Mount Snowdon.
Oh my , one campsite there , very hard to find but a great view once we got there,
would not recoment it to any of you as it it actually camping at the "farm" only 12£ but horrible toilets and showers with coins....did not used them.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
But a great spot to start the walk up Mount Snowdon .
We left early arround 8.30 am and it took us till 16.30 to get back , think we walkt nearly 7h only 1h breaks in total.
My god it was amazing, we took the "Llanberis path " from the campsite up and came down using the "Ranger path" those who know it will ring a bell.
The summit was all coverd in fog when we arrived at 12.30pm and on the way down it cleared out .
image.jpeg
Shame we did not get much view when on top , but still we enjoyed getting to the summit by foot ....not using the railway!
image.jpeg

Last edited:
When we returned packed up and headed to Snowdonia Park
Campsite in Waunfawr only 15 km away from Llanberis on the other side of Snowdon
http://www.snowdonia-park.co.uk
and having dinner in the pub next to the brewery now...
Be spending the night here , have to see where we off to tomorrow.
Nice site , we where only three campers staying the night , showerblock on the other side off the railway have to walk over a small bridge .
Was 18£ hook-up and showers included

Last edited:
Woke up sunny today , great place to spent the night the Snowdonia Park campsite.
Just beside the road and the steamtrain-station but quiet at night .
Showers with nice hot water but not all that clean , but good for a one night stop.
Took off at 11am after a bit ordening the Cali back to normal and breakfast is the sun.
image.jpeg
Emptyed Porta-Potti , what a good thing to have :D
Headed to Anglesey , allong the coast up to Holyhead made a few short stops allong the way.
Beach in Aberffrax
image.jpeg
Harbour in Holyhead
image.jpeg
Small bay just beside the poweplant of Cemlyn Bay
image.jpeg
Ended up near Point Lynas , did 127 km today.
We can see the boats waiting to enter the Dee / Liverpool harbour i guess?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Weathers been good , some light rain this night ? Strong wind here on Anglesey .
Had a magnificent view over the sea waking up.
No driving today , real vacationday!
Took us longer than the previous days to get up , nice shower , late breakfast (11am)
And off to the Coastal path . witch start right at the bottom of the street up to Amlwch and we walkt back the same way as the circular trail goes back over the roadside.
image.jpeg
Amazing walk , took us 4h in total , walkt about 3h plus stops.
image.jpeg
And we did stop ....becose we spotted porpoise( hope i spelled it correct , in Dutch it's bruinvis)...realy amazing!
Try to capture some shots with the Iphone but to far away to visualise it on screen .
Just trust me we saw them, a adult with a baby beside...

Now enjoying the evening sun

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks as if the weather is improving. You seem to be getting to lots of interesting places.

Ended up near Point Lynas
Only a short stretch of water between us yesterday evening, we were on the Great Orme!

Not sure if you can see the ship on the horizon, your location would probably be behind it :)

IMG_1057.jpg

Last edited:
It was nor exact thatone but another down the row....nice spotted.
Guess you driven every nice track arround here.
Realy jealous on those having all this in their backyard!
And this one overlooks your site
(sorry about the motorbike in the way! :D)
IMG_0875.jpg

Plenty more to see on the island. The road from Beaumaris to Penmon is one of my favourites, there are several wild camping spots along there with fantastic views of Snowdonia across the straits. Such as this one, taken a while back ...

IMG_0511.jpg

There is actually a height barrier here but we fitted under it. Further along the road there are lay-bys also. Let me know if you need the locations pinpointing.

Sathurday , enjoying the great site we are , been sunny up till 13pm then got cloudy , in the Cali for lunch and a powernap.Sun came out again
Arround 15pm took of to the lighthouse just in front here , did it slowly only been away two hours afther 8h Snowdon on wednesday and four hours of Coastal Path yesterday , seems i feel a bit stiff ....age?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Anyway the evening sun out again and seems the thirth evening in a row the wind goes down a bit and seems yet again a beautiful sunset here at Point Lynas.

Last edited:
Afther three great nights at Point Lynas we left the site behind , a big thankx to Chris
(@bigmac77 ) and his family to invite us over on theire site witch is actually only for static caravans and not for tourers . We had a fantastic stay and got to meet a fellow forumer .

Drove over the brige away from Angesley took the A5 taking us back in Snowdonia national park. Seems sunday it can get busy on these roads , everybody wants to go out hiking , climbing or just head to the pub.
Betws-y-Coed and Llangollen are packed up with cars/bikes and people even with this rainy weather.
Just stopt beside the road to have lunch and now just arrived afther 136km at The Trotting Mare campsite at Overton-on-Dee ( think @snowy55 tipt me this)Seems the wheatherforecast gives rain in all Wales ...
Site looks nice , close to the road but guess once it gets dark it will be quiet on the road also.
This view from the Cali , drops of rain....

image.jpeg