Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Meets in the North & Scotland

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have received a couple of requests for meets to be arranged in Scotland or the North of England but due to most of the forum staff being located South of the Midlands this would be quite difficult for us to arrange alone.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in arranging some meets for the North for 2012?

Also please make yourself known if attending a meet in this area would be of interest to you.

Re: Meets in Scotland

Well it's on our list of places to visit in the new year so we would be interested

Meets in Scotland

I'd be keen to gauge interest in a Scottish meet. We'd certainly be up for it - next Spring?

We're near Stirling and happy to travel to a location that suits everyone. But where are the other Scottish/Northern calis?

It's a long trek for us but we love Scotland and if we can make it we will..

We're up just north of Aberdeen - but would be interested in a meet at some time.

Did anyone want to arrange a small meet in the North/Scotland as it is on the calendar but with no details yet?

A meet up north would be good.
We live in Glasgow.

I agree on this and please don't take this as a negative criticism but the way the club/forum panned out in the very early days the geography of the mods, meets and VW sponsor etc. does give the club a very southern flavour :boohoo

Chris

Hi Chris, I totally agree with you and it is something Kev and I discuss alot. Our plan is to have someone to look after the North with arranging the odd meet also the possibility of getting a Northern dealer to partner us.

If anyone fancies taking this on please let us know as we want everyone to benefit.

california180 said:
I agree on this and please don't take this as a negative criticism but the way the club/forum panned out in the very early days the geography of the mods, meets and VW sponsor etc. does give the club a very southern flavour :boohoo

Chris

+1

Like I say, we really want everyone to benefit within this club, I was just speaking to Kev about this again this afternoon to try and find a solution but it is so difficult with us being hundreds of miles away, so please please make yourself known if you are in the Northern part of the country and are willing to help us make things nationwide.

Do we have a "Member Map" in the forum? It might help with identifying areas where "regional" meets can happen. In its simplest form a meet can just be held on a site behind a pub; ofetn these are limited but it may be that only 5 attend. If these prove successful then on to bigger things.

are you volunteering Iain ? :thumb ;)

Looking through the member database we still only have around 20% that have completed their location. I guess if anyone knows a nice pub with campsite attached to announce it along with a date and see what happens, once there are a few interested we can post it on the calendar?

Hi,
It is always difficult to accommodate everyone`s needs within a strict timeframe. The dear workers of the world help to keep old codgers pensions going (thanks) :boohoo but are usually more time critical than some of us layabouts.

I am trying to put together a programme for myself for a 1 month Scottish tour starting early June. I normally make Moffat my first stop and then press on from there. Does that seem like a likely spot for others going north and those in the north to head south? For those that don`t know the site, it is a Camping and Caravan Club site a couple of miles off the A74, situated right in the town centre. Shopping for necessities is extremely close, Esso filling station etc and the border towns are not overly far away.

All I would say at this time is, once I know my own movements, I would be prepared to meet and greet for a couple of days but not run myself ragged at the start of my trip. I`m sure our lovely members could mingle and make their own entertainment without hand holding. I would expect that there would be a lot of standing around talking, looking at vans exactly like your own and then quite a bit of that burnt animal smell floating around whilst large libations are consumed.

Just a thought and far from set in concrete. Bob

Meets in the North & Scotland

Well Volksfling takes place 25-27 May in Biggar, just along the road from Moffat, so that would be an obvious opportunity. We were there for a day last year. There's camping there ( if you want to be part of the event) or the Moffat site as Bob suggests.

I guess this would suit those from S. Scotland & N. England but not those from further north eg Mike. I'd be keen to meet other Cali owners but just don't know how many on the forum are from this end of the country. There must be more ? David at Edinburgh Van Centre was telling me that he sold several Cali's to folk from Aberdeen way last year - so many that they're now appointing a Cali dealer there for the first time.

So how does Biggar/Moffat sound in late May ? And possibly a meet further north ?

Did any of you guys in the North / Scotland want to get a meet date put on the calendar ?

I did have a PM from someone a while back who was wanting to arrange something but have not heard anything since .