Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Membership Cancellation

M

Malcj

VIP Member
Hi, I have been advised by the bank that I need to cancel membership with yourselves to stop you taking payments without my authorisation via my debit card. Could you please stop taking payments and cancel my membership. Thanks

You need to cancel it in PayPal under user subcriptions

I have cancelled it for you. Please note we never take payments without authorisation we are not allowed to.

Strange post....

If he gets that stressed over £10 a year to a forum he's a member of it's a miracle he's still alive and well!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

I recently had a case of switching mobile company and the old company continued to take around £1.50 from account every month for texts to friends (I recognised the numbers) even though the contract was ended, the SIM card destroyed and I had documentation to prove it - i.e. the texts never happened. Not a lot of money, but I was annoyed because of the principle. Again, I had to cancel the direct debit with the bank. So I have some sympathy if he hadn't realised it was an annual fee he was signing up to and not a one off payment with a request for a renewal. Hopefully it gets sorted through the bank.

From memory the club uses Paypal like most other online subscription services, you do agree to this when signing up and it does clearly say the cost is per year.

Its £12.99 now, no wonder he's worried.....

Why hasn't my bank alerted me to this?
I feel a claim coming on:bananadance

From memory the club uses Paypal like most other online subscription services, you do agree to this when signing up and it does clearly say the cost is per year.
And I think you can cancel the auto renewal in your preferences as well

Sent from my Galaxy S6

And I think you can cancel the auto renewal in your preferences as well

Sent from my Galaxy S6
Correct. The membetship confirmation email clearly states the yearly fee AND the continuous payment set up which can then be cancelled in your Paypal account. You must do it yourelself.

Hi, I have been advised by the bank that I need to cancel membership with yourselves to stop you taking payments without my authorisation via my debit card. Could you please stop taking payments and cancel my membership. Thanks
There is nowhere to cancel subscription and they have not replied to my emails asking where this is possible

This was cancelled by me when asked on the 3rd of april

Screenshot 2022-04-03 at 19.26.18.png