Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mercedes Marco Polo Latest Info 2017

W

Wolfsburg

Reading today in German news that Marco Polo sold more than California in 2016, this is first time ever, I am now seeing many many Marco Polo on the road in Germany and France. It is good that VW now have some good competition. Two of my friends have also changed to Mercedes from VW as they are no longer loyal.

Out of interest MB have emailed me today with the UK prices of the full fat Marco Polo. A base model 220d (163hp) Sport is listed as £53180. It however has a few bit on it over the base ocean

1 - auto box is standard
2 - tinted rear windows
3 - Sat Nav
4 - parking sensors and Camera
5 - electric sliding door
6 - heated front screen
7 - leather seats.

This is just from a quick flick through the brochure. It seems it's also sold via their car network. It will be good to give VW some opposition!

18" wheels, LED lights, high beam assist and folding mirrors can be added to the list.

Last edited:
I picked up a brochure in the Merc garage last week whilst the wife had her car serviced. I must say there are three big advantages from my point of view.

1. Sold through the proper car dealer network

2. Westfalia quality is second to none (ask the T4 boys)

3. Loads of spec as standard , including proper leather seats.

I will certainly be considering the Marco Polo next year, it is great VW now have competition in UK.

I like it, looks very modern. They have also sorted all the rust issues out on the Vito now which is what held people back before. Now a real contender.

Is it based on the long wheel drive chassis? If so, that would be a downer for many. (the pricing on the pdf suggests it is from a v quick scan).

All the Marco Polos I have seen have all been SWB, I would be very surprised if they released a LWB in UK as it would limit their market.

It's on the long chassis not the extra long - it's 23.6cm longer than a cali

Same length as my Hilux which is still fine for car parking spaces and I bet that extra 25cm inside is quite noticeable

I wonder if they will bring the activity model to the uk?

I like it, i saw loads of these in France last year, also the roof fabric looks better and I would of thought has less chance of getting trapped

Like it, lots of toys and high spec included. Looks luxurious inside with the leather, yacht style floor, ambient lights etc and no grey in sight. Table and 2 chairs in a bag about the only negative I could see.

Marco Polo
1 length appear to be available, Long at 5.14 mtrs which puts them up a Brittany Ferry length category and would cost £30 more per trip x 6 a year. 5mtrs being a change over pricing point.

You'd have to learn another bewildering range of extras that most would consider as a standard requirement.
How confused might the salesmen be?

Personal design taste puts me off the body style, the VW has an understated timeless aspect.

In view of delivery issues I might well check out the Merc option 'just in case'.

An earlier press report if a bit of reading is required.

http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/reviews/motorhome/31855-mercedes-benz-marco-polo-activity

Last edited:
You can buy the Vito/v class in 3 lengths - Marco Polo is based on the middle length 5140mm

Oh no, electric roof! Is it aluminium??

You'd have to learn another bewildering range of extras that most would consider as a standard requirement.
There aren't that many options really, most stuff is included, spec trumps the Cali for sure and I'd quite like that extra wee bit of length :D

Doesn't appear to have a night heater, nice interior, although a bit shiny, style over substance perhaps. Nice to get led lights as standard though.

had to have another peek ... yes it really is ugly .... and as for the interior would one have to wear ones smoking jacket ?

Back