Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mercedes Marco Polo Latest Info 2017

Doesn't appear to have a night heater, nice interior, although a bit shiny, style over substance perhaps. Nice to get led lights as standard though.
I looked at a few of these at the Düsseldorf show in summer 2015, have to say, exactly that hit me, style over substance, was far to 'glitzy' inside and appeared very easily damaged....

VW seems more 'staid' & 'robust' inside, if not under the bonnet !

Summer only vehicle.
Unless I'm missing something.
1Leisure Battery as an extra.
No Diesel Parking Heater.
No waste tank.
Does not appear to be any in-built Charger. Well can't see it mentioned in the brochure.

So not the ideal vehicle for all year round use or wild camping without some additions to the factory spec.

No waste tank.
Does not appear to be any in-built Charger. Well can't see it mentioned in the brochure.
I would be surprised if these weren't included. Westfalia included all these in the T4 models.

The full fat Marco Polo has parking heater but the activity does not (same as Beach)

Summer only vehicle.
Unless I'm missing something.
1Leisure Battery as an extra.
No waste tank.

So not the ideal vehicle for all year round use or wild camping without some additions to the factory spec.
Agree the brochure has its problems - I've spotted a couple of mistakes without intimate knowledge of the van. however VW have made poor brochures too with misleading info in so I would wait until they hit the showrooms. From what I've read elsewhere it has a parking heater or option of.

Have to change the name of the forum.

vwcalifornia&mbmarcopoloclub.com?

Just think of the ding dongs we could have. Beach v Ocean would pale!

;)

I really like it as well , with all the problems I have had with my Cali this year I would certainly give it a go when we come to change. We also have an A Class Mercedes and their customer service out strips VW by miles.

I wonder if they will bring the activity model to the uk?

I also had the email today from Merc and wondered the same. Really interested in the activity model, the only thing I could see letting it down was the dashboard.

I also had the email today from Merc and wondered the same. Really interested in the activity model, the only thing I could see letting it down was the dashboard.
Agreed it's not a looker but it's solid.

Agreed it's not a looker but it's solid.

True.
I do like the idea of something different. It seems every other vehicle I pass these days are converted T5s. Having the choice of a Mercedes could definitely sway me if it ticks all the boxes.
The Volkswagen "cool factor" wore off on me, a long time ago.

Having 3 kids the beach was the only real workable option for me.
True.
I do like the idea of something different. It seems every other vehicle I pass these days are converted T5s. Having the choice of a Mercedes could definitely sway me if it ticks all the boxes.
The Volkswagen "cool factor" wore off on me, a long time ago.
if only Toyota made a camper - reliability and ease of ownership is everything to me and the best cars I've owned have been Japanese. They may have been boring but I did not have to keep popping to the dealer with niggles.

The best thing the introduction of this may do is improve VW's attitude towards its customers and prehaps reposition the Cali in the car line up. Then again pigs could fly!
I think you and I are well placed geographically to play them off against each other. The MB dealer is 100 yards from VW Van Centre at Llandudno Junction! Interesting :)

A few things I'm liking, split reclining rear seats, split covers for hob and sink enabling more working space, opening rear window to tailgate, foot operated handbrake ( I think) very nice handy touches.

A few things I'm liking, split reclining rear seats, split covers for hob and sink enabling more working space, opening rear window to tailgate, foot operated handbrake ( I think) very nice handy touches.

Some great ideas.
The table and deck chairs need storage like in a Cali. It's such a clever idea when Volkswagen stuck them in the sliding door and tailgate

Don't be deluded by being sold through the car network.

I registered as "being keen" to buy an MP when it came to the UK... most proved themselves to be no better than VW.

The Marco Polo is definetly no alternative to a Cali. The chairs blocking the whole trunk....

I'm with Jen on the dealers. I've owned Mercs for the past 14 years. Some are OK but some are poor. Avoid Stratstone or Merc retail direct.

As for it looking ugly, who cares. It's a functional vehicle, that's what matters.
It will be nice to have a choice going forward.

Back