Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

merry christmas from us

Merry Christmas, and a much, much, better new year to everyone in the Cali family. For those who might have been dreaming of a white Christmas, good old Santa Boris has arranged that you can have a Candy White Cali, free of WTO tariff for 2021. (Save 2.4% if ordered before 31st Jan 2020, terms and conditions apply.)

Here’s Ben pretending to be a Christmas Star on our Christmas morning walk at Chevening.
72bfa6d96a11e54114f31e2b4985c079.jpg

A merry Christmas to us all!

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals ! ☃️

Upton under Swamp - Christmas Eve........Those Medieval planners knew a thing or two.
That takes me back! First employment after university, preparing a hydrometric scheme for the Severn river catchment, but it was all hands out on the ground during floods.
In the July '68 flood (a particularly bad one) I was sent out to record peak flood levels around Tewkesbury and, after parking my Landrover to get better access, I met a local farmer rowing a boat on the floodwater over the road. It transpired that his farmhouse was built in about 1640, the ground floor was flagstones six feet above the surrounding flood plain, his electrics were all a further three feet higher, he had a pulley system to raise all his significant furniture to the ceiling and his tractor and car were parked in a shed some mile and a half from his house because he knew that the flood was coming.
I commiserated with him about the consequences of the flood.
His reply in a broad Gloucestershire accent: "I doesn't mind a good flood now and again, it stops they buggers from Birmingham buying houses round 'ere"

Back