Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Metal T bar in gas locker that sits under the gas bottle?

Guy Young

Guy Young

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, Does anyone know what the t-bar style lever is for in the bottom of the plastic gas locker underneath where the gas bottle would sit? It has a recess it can sit in. I’ve checked the manual and I can’t for the life of me find out what it’s for

Do you mean the stopper(handle) for the gas bottle?
If not perhaps a photo might help?

No it’s kind of a silver metal handle in the bottom of the gas bottle compartment. Part of the vehicle rather than the gas bottle. Bit dark for a photo this evening.

Part 16, Part of the Gas Dropout Valve in the Gas Locker.

54AF0B3C-C398-4E64-B869-CF96AFCF5ACA.png

WG, you really are the ‘font of all knowledge re the Cali’ is it a natural gift you have, or painstaking research ?

No ‘side from me’ just admiration really.

Keep up the great advice.
Thank you. Just 40 yrs reading the Handbooks and manuals for the equipment I used to use which were far more complicated than the California.

Thank you. Just 40 yrs reading the Handbooks and manuals for the equipment I used to use which were far more complicated than the California.

Same period of years for me in my profession but now trying to be a simple ‘bum’ in line with normal human existence.

My ‘Cali’ ‘Shirley Valentine’ years may be about to end with it being based in your homeland at ‘Llangynidr’ with the yearly foray into the Continent, and trip back to Portugal.....

Thank you Welshgas. Im guessing this is a safety feature and I shouldn’t mess with it then.

Back