Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MFD OK/Reset Button

D

DaveB

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Mine has stopped working and the van is out of warranty :-(

Is this easy to fix yourself and is there any work around as currently I cannot select anything on the menus (can move up and down though)

TIA
Dave

on the instrument cluster itself or the steering wheel?

The right hand stalk (wipers) button. Is that what you mean by steering wheel?

You mean that little button on the underside of the stalk?
Never had a problem with mine.
Although I don't have an MFD, just the total basic one. I can only scroll through short or long term information. Where that button selects 1 or 2, and can reset short or long term info.

If you would need to replace the stalk, it is the complete unit (left and right stalk in one). You would need to disconnect the airbag and take off the steering wheel. And the case around the steering colum.
One can do it himself, if you are handy enough.

I have the same problem now. Don't suppose anyone knows of a fix that does not entail removing the stalk? Can you get to the switch with the stalk in situ??

I have the same problem now. Don't suppose anyone knows of a fix that does not entail removing the stalk? Can you get to the switch with the stalk in situ??
Hi @DaveB

Did you find out how to fix the button? Sadly ours has stopped working (2016 Ocean) in the last week or so.

It was £185 including fitting from my local garage who are not a VW dealer

the ok button on our 2014 Cali Beach is stuck. VW dealer/service in Colindale London have quoted me £325 parts and labour-say I have to replace both stalks. Has anyone tried removing top section of wiper stalk or spraying wd40? Trying to avoid £325 to fix a stuck button but can't put new user on or reset tyre pressure now that we have new tyres. VW v unhelpful-(just want my £325) but surely you must be able to take the stalk apart without having to remove steering wheel and replace both stalks?

Back