A

AlanC

Traveling
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi all,

We are in need of some sort of Back Box and have spent time looking at the Thule, Fiamma and Strada variations of a Tow Bar bike rack and box. The best to our mind was the MFT box on it's bracket from Germany.

Have heard today that the supplier, A.T.I. Autoteile Immler, does not ship to the UK any more, this is presumably why it is out of stock with Amazon.

Any ideas? We need something by 15th Sept. On a ferry on 16th.

Alan

That thread last year is what impressed us, so we are disappointed that we can't get one in the UK.

Alan

I've got the thule easy base & box but actually tend to use the box on my fiamma tailgate mounted bike rack. has the advantage of still being able to open the tailgate which you can't do when its on the easy base.

I would only use the easy base if I needed to use the bike rack for bikes as well.

Keep an eye on eBay, I think the box, easy base & fiamma rack cost a total of £150

Thanks Andy,

Looked at the Easy Base but came up with the same issue of access to the tailgate. The Thule G6 is great as is the Altera DL3. Both tilt or slide to give access, but boxes don't fit easily as these models are curved in some direction.

Have emailed to see if the Germans will allow me to arrange collection of the MFT at my expense.

Can only say no.

Alan

Back