Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MICHELIN AGILIS CROSSCLIMATE 225/55 R17 109/107 H : what tire pressure to use ?

Roger Boeken

Roger Boeken

calisutra
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
above tire is offered by michelin for 4motion 150kw california , but this size is not available at the sticker next to the drivers door.
1. how do I find the correct pressure to use ? I know some members use these tires with other specs but maybe not on 150kw (204hp) vehicle (max speed 199km/h) .
2. Is it even allowed to mount tires with lower max speed index , even if you never drive at that max speed ?

Not sure about the Michelin, but we have our 235/55/17 Conti All Season set to 4.0 bar. It seems pretty hard, but still the tyres have a small bellow on the side. The tyrewear is excellent: 25.000km and still around 5.5-6mm left.

I think In Germany you have to have a sticker at your dash with the maximum speed of your tyres on it when the tyres on the vehicle don't match up to the vehicles top speed.

Last edited:
Not sure about the Michelin, but we have our 235/55/17 Conti All Season set to 4.0 bar. It seems pretty hard, but still the tyres have a small below on the side. The tyrewear is excellent: 25.000km and still around 5.5-6mm left.

I think In Germany you have to have a sticker at your dash with the maximum speed of your tyres on it when the tyres on the vehicle don't match up to the vehicles top speed.
Corresponds with own experience with michelin crossclimate+ on T6before a: looks like 4season tires need little more pressure than normal summertires.

H speed rating is 130MPH or 200KPH approx which a Cali is unlikely to be capable of in standard spec.
There are however construction differences in tyre speed ratings to compensate for the circumference increase with speed for example.
In the UK it would be OK but Germany seems to have stricter regulations on non standard wheels/tyres.

Pressure wise I'd use the 215/65/17 pressures as a starting point.

You will loose some road speed with that profile tyre. If any deals on 235/60/17 Michelins I'd consider those a better option.
I have 235/60/17 106V Michelins SUV version.

235x55 is the correct 17in tyre for the Cali if choosing the wider, lower pressure option. Cross climate SUV are really well reviewed here by Cali owners. Not sure why you’d go outside of the obvious?

235x55 is the correct 17in tyre for the Cali if choosing the wider, lower pressure option. Cross climate SUV are really well reviewed here by Cali owners. Not sure why you’d go outside of the obvious?
cross climate suv is second choice, I like the agilis for side wall protection , 8mm tread pattern, possible even better choice for north scandinavia and iceland roads ..
crossclimate for safety in winter and snowflake symbol necessary when travelling germany in winter.