Michelin Crossclimate Agilis vs. Crossclimate SUV

clarinetbcn

clarinetbcn

T5.1 Beach 140
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Advantages/disadvantages/opinions? I currently have Bridgestone Blizzak LM-18C, 215/65R 16 C 106/104T dedicated winters, but they will need replacing soon, and have decided to switch to all-season. It seems that Agilis is made for vans, but I've seen that some on the forum have fitted SUV. What about load rating for SUV?

Advantages/disadvantages/opinions? I currently have Bridgestone Blizzak LM-18C, 215/65R 16 C 106/104T dedicated winters, but they will need replacing soon, and have decided to switch to all-season. It seems that Agilis is made for vans, but I've seen that some on the forum have fitted SUV. What about load rating for SUV?
I have the SUV version, 103 Load rating. Last set had Speed rating H but my new set V as they were slightly cheaper but still 103 Load Rating.

Crossclimate SUV 103V rated have been fine for me.

I’ve fitted SUV 103’s too around 3 months ago. So far so good.

I have the Agilis, very impressed with grip on wet grass etc. A good aggressive looking tread but I haven’t noticed any increase in road noise. I can’t compare to the SUV version but having owned T4, T5 transporters for years I have always gone for a commercial tyre, usually Conti vanco but really fancied ( as much as you can fancy tyres!) the cross climate. I think they only do. 16 “ . Just checked 13000miles, almost 1yr to the day and still >7.0mm on the fronts. Can’t be bad.

Last edited:
I have the Agilis, very impressed with grip on wet grass etc. A good aggressive looking tread but I haven’t noticed any increase in road noise. I can’t compare to the SUV version but having owned T4, T5 transporters for years I have always gone for a commercial tyre, usually Conti vanco but really fancied ( as much as you can fancy tyres!) the cross climate. I think they only do. 16 “ . Just checked 13000miles, almost 1yr to the day and still >7.0mm on the fronts. Can’t be bad.
Here are the 17" sizes for the Agilis:
Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 9.24.00 PM.png

good News on the 17”, at the time they didn’t do 17’s as I think the tyre had only just come to market. I thought they would soon do 17’s

I've just got 40,000 and still have two of the original factory fitted Continental Vanco Four Season tyres with 7mm - can't fault then. Changed the other pair at 38k with 2.5mm left.

I just had 4 Michelin Crossclimate Agilis fitted, 215/65 R 16C 109/107 (previos winter tires fitted by dealer when it was their demo were 106/104). I took it out on the highway and noticed no sound increase, which is impressive considering the aggressive tread pattern. Also no noticeable harshness around town1893F9BC-68AD-4B4A-9B46-A60E64248DEE.jpeg. I ordered them before the latest restrictions, so no telling when I’ll try them in snow. 786 euros at local VW Commercial Vehicles dealer, including balancing, installation and wheel alignment.

Last edited:
I just had 4 Michelin Crossclimate Agilis fitted, 215/65 R 15C 109/107 (previos winter tires fitted by dealer when it was their demo were 106/104). I took it out on the highway and noticed no sound increase, which is impressive considering the aggressive tread pattern. Also no noticeable harshness around townView attachment 70934. I ordered them before the latest restrictions, so no telling when I’ll try them in snow. 786 euros at local VW Commercial Vehicles dealer, including balancing, installation and wheel alignment.
Gosh that was a lot. I have the same, just under £500 from F1 Auto Centres plus £40 cash back from Michelin plus 3% cash back from Quidco or Top Cash Back - not sure which.

Okay give the AOO5 from Bridgestone a miss. 10k miles in and I've just put two new ones on the front and had a recent MOT with advisories all round for the tyres (about 2hrs prior to the new ones going on which is annoying).

I just had 4 Michelin Crossclimate Agilis fitted, 215/65 R 16C 109/107 (previos winter tires fitted by dealer when it was their demo were 106/104). I took it out on the highway and noticed no sound increase, which is impressive considering the aggressive tread pattern. Also no noticeable harshness around townView attachment 70934. I ordered them before the latest restrictions, so no telling when I’ll try them in snow. 786 euros at local VW Commercial Vehicles dealer, including balancing, installation and wheel alignment.
Edit: corrected, they're 16s.

Back