Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Midge netting

B

brucetnw

VIP Member
Has anybody had problems with midges getting through the mosquito nets? I was wondering whether someone in the forum had experience of putting a fine mesh screen over the mosquito netting. Talking to some of the VW converters, they can fit midge netting as standard if asked.

We found a few getting into the Cali when staying near Ballycastle NI last week, although they didn't seem to be as fearsome as the ones on the West Coast of Scotland; maybe it was the Bushmills :D

We were unsure whether they were coming in the door, on our clothes or through the screen.

For downstairs you could tape some fine net onto the screens and I wonder if a topper would make it doubly difficult for them to get into the roof space, although they are tenacious and get everywhere :sad

Andy

This summer past I tried lightly spraying the mozzy netting with a midge repellent. Think it worked - we weren't bothered by them and we were on Arran and then Skye. :smile

And the midgy spray to use - has to be Avon, Skin so soft. Best thing on the market. And before anyone asks how I found out that Avon Moisturiser did the job - discovered by Mel Gibson whilst filming Braveheart :shocked

Thanks for the replies, I might lose a few wrinkles in the process.