Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Might stay at home

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Having already missed two trips away in the van this year just thinking of staying at home when all this is over. It's going to be hell on earth when people can travel again with everyone making up for lost time so being lucky enough to live in the Peak District we thought perhaps stay fairly close to home in the van and support all our local pubs, cafes and restaurants.
Just a thought.

Having already missed two trips away in the van this year just thinking of staying at home when all this is over. It's going to be hell on earth when people can travel again with everyone making up for lost time so being lucky enough to live in the Peak District we thought perhaps stay fairly close to home in the van and support all our local pubs, cafes and restaurants.
Just a thought.

“I’m going to stay at home when I’m no longer forced to stay at home” is certainly not a response to the lockdown that I’ve heard before. Presumably if you live close to a popular tourist destination anyway, you’ll encounter plenty of hellish people by staying local?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I will also be staying at home when this is all over as UK campsites will become hell on earth as everyone will be forced to stay in UK as I can't see European borders opening until the end of the year at the earliest.

I would rather be at home than on a busy UK campsite

I dread to think what the NC500, Cornwall etc.. will be like.

I think you will find many people will be in a financial quagmire.
Holidays might be the last thing on their priorities...

This is the reason campsites will be busy , people will still want to get away but they won't be able to afford hotels or possible package holidays so a campsite will be the cheaper option.

I look forward to the campsites opening again but wonder by how much the prices will go up?
Just saying ;)

I think I will also be staying at home when this is all over as UK campsites will become hell on earth as everyone will be forced to stay in UK as I can't see European borders opening until the end of the year at the earliest.

I would rather be at home than on a busy UK campsite

I dread to think what the NC500, Cornwall etc.. will be like.

We live in Cornwall and some idiots are still arriving in vans, caravans etc despite the advice, or as one of our local councillors called them on the news “Muppets”

Good afternoon,

After the ban was lifted we will start with day trips about 150 km radius of Kildare. Going for a walk, sight seeing and pick nick. After that we will see...

But I must say even a day trip is something to look forward too. These times make me humble...

Happy California,
Eberhard

I am going to the Northernmost part of Harris.

As I have not told anybody, it should be nice and quiet.

If you believe a busy campsite is “hell on earth” then I think you have lived a somewhat privileged life.

A camp site cannot be any more than full; so whilst it will be busy, I personally can’t wait for a little social interaction with my fellow vanners and to help out the guys running the campsites.

All that said I do believe we shouldn’t travel very far. As mentioned above, supporting your local businesses is a very decent thing to do.

#StaycationWhenSafe

We will wait and see.

We purchased our cali in Autumn last year to replace our discovery with roof tent now that we have both retired myself at the end of last year. We had plans for lots of trips and shows to attend now that we would have all this free time and following a holiday in March we have been in Lock down, my wife is included in the extremely at risk group and we are self isolating within the home and have separate parts to use with very few common area's.

We hope to get out and about at some stage although it will probably be drive to a location and depending on numbers get out and about and picnic in the park van :) at least we will be out and about and enjoying the cali.

We don't expect to return to normal holidays for 12 -18 months, but things could be worse and we are grateful that we are well.

We too will support local business and the wider UK once we are able for now its a case of wait and see.

To complicate matters further the stock market crash has caused a major reduction in my pension pot to such an extent that I would be hundreds of pounds a year worse off if I took it now as planned, so we sit and wait.

However I consider us to be fortunate, we are health wise not impacted by the pandemic, we support aged parents with supplies as and when we can get them delivered. No one in the family has been taken seriously ill and the weather has been great to stay at home.

Keep well everyone, better times will return.

Just been browsing through camper van and motor home for sale sites. Nearly every other one has some reference to having to holiday in the UK and being able to take your own "accommodation" with you.

Back