Best VW California Dedicated Forum by Miles :)
  1. Next Club Meets

Dorset Meet - 28th Sep - More Details Here
    Shop Open Day/Camping - 10th Nov - More Details Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Hammill and Maddy Raven have bought a Beach

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mike Hammill, Aug 10, 2018.

?

What are the Beach "auxiliary heater" and "auxiliary heater - electric"?

1. Auxiliary heater is the diesel parking heater

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. The "auxiliary heater - electric " is not found on the Beach 2016

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mike Hammill

Mike Hammill VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    Hi All,

Very pleased to have finally joined the California Owners Club. Camping in Scotland in May finally clinched it for us. Beautiful weather, fantastic scenery, long hours of daylight but a strong wind at times. The need for a quiet, well insulated van with a good blackout was seen to be essential!
    So we bought a 2016 Beach from the North Wales main dealer but having a problem - it was supposed to have an auxiliary heater which we assumed was the diesel parking heater. Not so said Sytner's - it is the standard "auxiliary heater - electric". There doesn't actually seem to be one of those either! Can anyone enlighten me please? Sytner's specification list also contained an auto dimming rear view mirror. This was also not present when we picked the vehicle up - Sytner's have agreed to compensate us for this though. Not what I would have expected at all.

• Welcome Welcome x 1
  2. kurienp

kurienp VIP Member

Vehicle:
    Looking to buy
    Mike, welcome on board . The only compensation you should accept is that they retrofit the diesel heater to your beach. That is what makes it the cozy little place it is meant to be ....
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• I Agree I Agree x 3
  3. Mike Hammill

Mike Hammill VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    Agreed,! Thank you!

4. MattBW

MattBW Here to help Moderator VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 Beach
    Year:
    Auxiliary heater may be referring to the coolant heater which warms your van up when the temp is below 6c. Sometimes they can be used with a remote to pre heat the cab too. They can only be used for 30 minutes as they are powered from the engine battery and use the cab fans.

VW have messed around changing the terms for these things which has caused enough confusion over the years. Why they just cant call it coolant heater and parking heater I don't know.

5. Loz

Loz Ocean 204 4M DSG MY17 Blackberry Top Poster VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
    Year:
    Have a look on the build label (under the steering column or inside cover of service book) and see what codes you have.
    7VF - Fuel-fired parking heater with radio remote control and electric auxiliary heater

is what we have and it has a remote and warms the air in the rear space.

You will also have 1 or 2 stickers in the drivers door reveal, we have 2 a Webasto one and an Eberspacher one as we also have the engine pre-heater.

6. parrot2

parrot2

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 180
    Year:
    Welcome. Hope you get it sorted out to your satisfaction.

7. Mike Hammill

Mike Hammill VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    Thanks all. Decided the nomenclature in the manual was so vague we had little chance of a cheap resolution so going for a retro-fit of an Eberspacher night heater. Seem to have sorted the Beach out eventually - finally found the hook up circuit breaker - using a mirror and a torch!