Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Milky white double glazing

T

TripleBee

Vehicle
N/A
Who else has or had broken double glazing in the back?
I had one in less than 2 years old. It was the most right rear window. This was replaced under warranty.
Then I had the most left rear window (the one behind the wardrobe, with 3/4 of it blacked out. This one I didn't replace yet, because out of warranty. But it is getting really ugly.
And since a couple of years, the sliding door window is starting to fog on hot and moist days. When dried up, it is still unvisible, but will become visible in the future.
The price of a new window at VW is about €400, and € 600 - € 700 installed.

Who else has this problem too, as I can't imagine I am the only one.

This is a picture of the first window, the most right rear one.

IMGP8657.JPG

Any place to have non original, green privacy glass? And the price?

do not recall in coming up before.

Who else has or had broken double glazing in the back?
I had one in less than 2 years old. It was the most right rear window. This was replaced under warranty.
Then I had the most left rear window (the one behind the wardrobe, with 3/4 of it blacked out. This one I didn't replace yet, because out of warranty. But it is getting really ugly.
And since a couple of years, the sliding door window is starting to fog on hot and moist days. When dried up, it is still unvisible, but will become visible in the future.
The price of a new window at VW is about €400, and € 600 - € 700 installed.

Who else has this problem too, as I can't imagine I am the only one.

This is a picture of the first window, the most right rear one.

View attachment 48057

Any place to have non original, green privacy glass? And the price?
Has been mentioned once before in the Tailgate.
One of reasons I didn’t go for that Option.
Don’t know how easy it is to fix single sheet glass. Colour tint might be difficult to match.
On Domestic windows there is a fix for this problem.
It involves drilling a small hole with a diamond drill, top and bottom of the unit. Filling it with a special liquid that absorbs the condensation, draining it out and then inserting a clear plastic flap valve in each hole that allows ventilation of the unit. Had it done on a large patio door panel. Still going strong after 5 yrs.

That's not too good. I've just cleaned all mine and
they are all as good as new. :bananadance2

So out of the 5 double glazed windows you have had 3 that have failed?
If you know your VW dealer, maybe tell him your problems and see if they can get VW to
offer anything towards the replacement costs.
Or contact your insurance but they might require you to throw a brick through it before
they cough up.

My 2011 cali from new all three double glazed units have failed but not replaced. Unfortunately they are becoming increasingly opaque. On positive side, soon I wont need to use the blinds