Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mirror repair

Mowbotman

Mowbotman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Whilst on Skye someone took my Drivers mirror out, it needs a new glass , but the painted cover will not stay on and do not really want to spend another £40 plus £78 painting it , so as someone already said it seams the norm to use some sort of outdoor sealant, has anyone done this and which is best to use, would rather use this fixing way rather than super glue as will have mor time to get in correct position

Whilst on Skye someone took my Drivers mirror out, it needs a new glass , but the painted cover will not stay on and do not really want to spend another £40 plus £78 painting it , so as someone already said it seams the norm to use some sort of outdoor sealant, has anyone done this and which is best to use, would rather use this fixing way rather than super glue as will have mor time to get in correct position
I used silicone bathroom sealant … worked a treat

Yes I stuck ours on with Tiger seal then held it for 24 hours with masking tape. Very solid.

U-POL TIGER SEAL - PU Adhesive & Sealant 310ml cartridge Black https://amzn.eu/d/1vFoP8X

That seems expensive - where did you get those prices? I recently got a mirror cap for a 6.1 for £30 + £20 paint from lllparts after a red kite decided on mutual destruction of its self and my wing mirror while I was on the M3.

Prices below from VW dealer , my insurance excess is £650 so not going to bother with replacement as everything still works, just need new glass and it also took out my drivers side door wind deflector, so will glue the cover back on , as apart from the clips broken ( hence the glue ) its ok

Mirror Cap - £36.48

Painting - £78.00

Mirror body - £290.82

Mirror Glass - £73.63

Warning Lamp for Lane Indicator - £79.48

FM/DAB aerial - £77.34

Labour - £150

Total - £785.75

I’d use Sikaflex EBT it’s available in lots of colours but B&Q only stock it in black or white. It sticks almost anything and stays permanently flexible. I’ve been using it for 20 years and it’s the best sealant/adhesive by a mile.

Back