Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mirrors and wipers? What am I doing wrong?

C

CampingCarnegie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all - picked up my new T6.1 Ocean today - love it - but, I’m getting frustrated trying to get to grips with everything! In the vehicle settings I’ve got wipers set to auto and mirrors set to “fold on locking”.

but - the wipers seem a little random, am I supposed to have the stalk on a particular setting as there doesn’t appear to be an “auto” position?

mirrors - don’t auto fold on locking? Only when I press and hold the button? Do they not “auto” fold on locking as suggested?

but - the wipers seem a little random, am I supposed to have the stalk on a particular setting as there doesn’t appear to be an “auto” position?
Try in the "int" position. One click anti-clockwise. Mine works well. Use the intermittent frequency adjustment to adjust sensitivity.

Hi all - picked up my new T6.1 Ocean today - love it - but, I’m getting frustrated trying to get to grips with everything! In the vehicle settings I’ve got wipers set to auto and mirrors set to “fold on locking”.

mirrors - don’t auto fold on locking? Only when I press and hold the button? Do they not “auto” fold on locking as suggested?
Mirrors only fold in when pressing and holding the button on the fob.
My wipers work well in the int position as above. What do you mean when you say they are random?

Auto wipers is not clear what setting it should be on.

but as above put on the intermittent setting, when water is detected on the screen sensor the wipers will work automatically.
the frequency of the wipe depends on the frequency the sensor picks up water on the screen (in front of the sensor) and the speed the vehicle is travelling at.
In heavy rain and when travelling at speed The auto wipers can wipe a little too quick in some circumstances,
if that happens use the little lever on the intermittent setting to slow the frequency of the wipe as if it were in pure intermittent mode ( as in most cars) . In this instance You may need to momentarily knock the wipers into the off position before raising the stalk back to the Intermittent position To resume auto wiping at the slower speed

Auto wipers is not clear what setting it should be on.

but as above put on the intermittent setting, when water is detected on the screen sensor the wipers will work automatically.
the frequency of the wipe depends on the frequency the sensor picks up water on the screen (in front of the sensor) and the speed the vehicle is travelling at.
In heavy rain and when travelling at speed The auto wipers can wipe a little too quick in some circumstances,
if that happens use the little lever on the intermittent setting to slow the frequency of the wipe as if it were in pure intermittent mode ( as in most cars) . In this instance You may need to momentarily knock the wipers into the off position before raising the stalk back to the Intermittent position To resume auto wiping at the slower speed
Perfect thank you! And thanks everyone else, that answers it completely!

today, to tackle connecting the gas!

I found Chris's videos really good when our van arrived. Hope it helps.
Brill! I’ve seen a few of his but not this one - I’ve been and got it, popped it in the right place and deemed it a man job if im honest! Will show hubby the video

Back