Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Missing folding table

Serendipity

Serendipity

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Well, I picked up my new Cali today and so the adventure begins! I spent a couple of hours with the dealer going through the paperwork and checking over the van (using the very useful handover checklist downloaded from this forum). However both the dealer and I overlooked one thing - the interior folding table was completely missing. I noticed a couple of plastic brackets in the channel at the front of the sink unit and I reckon the table should have been attached using these. See attached photo. I'll be on the phone to the dealer tomorrow!
IMG_2437.JPG

D'oh! How frustrating ... that's one of those moments you just think, "How on earth did that happen!"

Oh!

Well, easily replaced and fitted but yes, one of those obvious things, you just assume it's there!

Good timing with the van though. They will soon stick you a table in. Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Well, I picked up my new Cali today and so the adventure begins! I spent a couple of hours with the dealer going through the paperwork and checking over the van (using the very useful handover checklist downloaded from this forum). However both the dealer and I overlooked one thing - the interior folding table was completely missing. I noticed a couple of plastic brackets in the channel at the front of the sink unit and I reckon the table should have been attached using these. See attached photo. I'll be on the phone to the dealer tomorrow!
View attachment 20193

We also did a carefully check when we collected our Cali.
We had the sliding table but NO leg . Only found out when showing our cali the next day to family. :talktothehandThe dealer had to pay for a new table & our local VW dealer fitted it. Quickly sorted.

View attachment 20193
We're picking up ours tomorrow and your post has prompted me to download the checklists from the forum – will hopefully save any potential issues – thanks!

I guess it could have come from the factory like that but equally likely it was canabalised by the dealer to replace someone else's faulty one! Was it a new registration or a demonstrator? No excuse either way really.

Our dealer canabalised the bonnet off new T6 transporter to replace the bonnet on our new Ocean .
When inspecting the paintwork noticed a dent in the bonnet.

It took me ages to check stuff, not even sure 4 months on that I've checked it all.

..me..

View attachment 20193
VW have got to save money some how!

I hope that you get it resolved soon.

noticeable by the lack of any rattle

We're picking up ours tomorrow and your post has prompted me to download the checklists from the forum – will hopefully save any potential issues – thanks!
Ironically, the dealer had his own checklist that was a cut down version of this forum's one, and it didn't include any reference to the table!

Ironically, the dealer had his own checklist that was a cut down version of this forum's one, and it didn't include any reference to the table!
My check list has both tables included. If you want an Excel file of it PM me. (I won't be able to send before Tuesday next week - am currently away enjoying this unseasonable weather!).

Having picked up the new cali 2 weeks ago from the dealer I can tell you the handover checklists are invaluable. I'm sure the sales rep thought it was painful as we went through the list however I think he learned a lot as well.....many questions he was not aware of. e.g. Roof support straps, - rep was not aware they existed and took a while to find them; drain points etc
On the upside everything was there (and worked) just as should have except one thing.....the storage box on top of the new comfort dash would not open....should have been push button and it pops up....actually it is push button and button just sticks in our case :). It will be fixed at convenient moment!
Overall very impressed with the new beast!

Excellent!

Check lists? Worth every minute they take for both the Customer and the Dealer. A great free investment!

Glad your initial experience is good.

Yes - the checklist is invaluable. However I got so focussed on that I forgot to go through the options list and neither I nor the salesman noticed that the parking sensors were missing !!!

All got sorted in a few weeks though :)

Back