Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Missing pieces for trade-in to dealer

S

ShmBK

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Apologies if not in right place and apologies if covered elsewhere (I did do a search).

possibly trading in ocean next week. But I sold my comfort mattress to change to the Sea to summit self inflating mattress (far superior). They didn’t ask about any extras, with or without. Just took number plate and offered price.

i told him I don’t have an awning and he said “well that’s worth £1000” but “I’ll honour the trade in” (what a guy!)

I think know what dealer will say if I ask them, so do you guys think I should give it to them without any mattress or try to acquire one before trading in? Is it an optional extra for the basic one?

Also, the bike rack is an optional extra, so I don’t think that needs supplied either, right?

I would expect you to leave in the small mattress that covers just the metal grid in the boot.
Have you sent him any photos etc that show the bike rack in place?
Also was the bike rack part of the original van order?, if trading in at a Vw dealer they seem to be able to have access to the original order details & would use that info as the basis of a valuation. If it was fitted later they wouldn’t know about it.

They will make a handsome amount on the resale (& your new purchase), so probably won’t be that worried if a few bits are missing as they can easily replace them.

If they try to reduce the trade-in , just call their bluff and tell them you will now sell the van privately as it’s a sellers market at the moment.

If you worried that much then just put the rear parcel shelf on its highest setting and get a cheap mattress topper from IKEA.

I would expect you to leave in the small mattress that covers just the metal grid in the boot.
Have you sent him any photos etc that show the bike rack in place?
Also was the bike rack part of the original van order?, if trading in at a Vw dealer they seem to be able to have access to the original order details & would use that info as the basis of a valuation. If it was fitted later they wouldn’t know about it.
No pics, no specifics.
van was bought from stock in VW Aberdeen. Bike rack and alarm was added at there was an offer of £1000 or so free accessories. It’s not on the spec sheet and not under “factory options”. So ok to keep then, right?

he’s paying for a transporter to drop off new one (GC600) and collect old one. At other end of the country.

Back