Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Missing Westfalia Towbar lock and knob

Cali-61-180-SE

Cali-61-180-SE

Hi
last weekend i washing my cali and notice Westfalia detachable Towbar knob and lock are missing.

the question is that how to fix? can i get knob and lock separately?

or any retro solution?

thanks
Jeetu

IMG_7118.JPG

You might find contacting then useful. I had my towbar fitted there and they are very helpful. The parts that are missing might be quite inexpensive. They are not far from the M32.
Tel 0117 955 1011 / 1022 Email. Info.uk@westfalia-automotive.com
Westfalia UK Ltd
Units 5 & 6 Days Road Commercial Centre
George Jones Road, St. Philips
Bristol BS2 0QS
Opening Hours;
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm

Sat Nav postcode BS2 0QS

Thanks Gavin and Simon,

i will trying both options :)

I know you want to get it fixed but how did you lose the lock and turn wheel in the first place and can you refit replacements while the tow hitch is in place?

Hi
last weekend i washing my cali and notice Westfalia detachable Towbar knob and lock are missing.

the question is that how to fix? can i get knob and lock separately?

or any retro solution?

thanks
Jeetu
View attachment 15723

Hi, I know it's an old thread but did you sort out your tow bar key and handle issue? I have the same problem and don't want to pay £170 for a replacement neck, I've been looking the components to repair what I have.
Regards, Ade.

In Bristol is the Westfalia Fitting Centre at 5-6, George Jones Rd, St. Philips, Bristol BS2 0QS
Phone: 0117 955 1011. I have found them really helpful and if you contact them I'm sure they will be able to sort out the parts you need.

Hope this helps

Simon

Cheers fellas, the tow ball I need is for a 1 series BMW, I know I didn’t mention that but the bits I need are the same as most Westfalia tow balls.

I have emailed the Westfalia at the Bristol address and they came back with £228+ vat for a new tow ball with no offer of a replacement handle and lock.

It’s a bit of a pain,mainly because 1 series Westfalia tow balls don’t come up forsake very often.

Thanks again for your inputs.
Ade.

Have a look at this video to give an breakdown of the parts.

It looks to me as if it would be possible to buy a cheap one of the same type, remove the knob with care and fit to yours. Seems to be a circlip keeping it in.