Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Moonrock grey and no options

Tom Rae

Tom Rae

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I am looking at purchasing a new T6 however it would appear Moonrock Grey (in Alcantara or cloth) is the only option for fabric and floor covering? It is not a suitable colour for my use and I do not want seat covers or carpet covers, is it my only option? If so it is back to Marco Polo for me.

Tom

What colour would suit your use? California suits most uses and is totally practical. Seats easily retrimmed in leather. Seems you may have already made your mind up, if so good luck.

Good question, I am not really sure. Our current T5 seats and carpets are mid grey which is okay but shows a lot of marks and it is not easy to remove them completely. Probably a darker colour?

Leather retrim makes a vast difference. Any colour you want but stay away from white or very light colours if you wear jeans.

I find Moon Rock an odd colour choice for a vehicle used for outdoor activities which inevitably means some mud will enter somehwere be it dog or feet! Leather is certainly a sensible option but it is not available from VW I would be reluctant to re-upholster a new van! The carpets, door panels etc are all in the same colour too.

I have now been to see one. My original comments were based solely on the pdf brochure illustrations and as such were misleading. Having been to the local dealer I am re-assured that it is darker than it appears and should be fine and the Alacantara option has leather (which can be wiped) where the majority of marks occur. I am now seriously looking at buying one!

Back