Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

more newbie questions

A

ainrofilac

Just a couple more newbie questions!

1) if there are 4 of you in it, and you want to watch a dvd, where do you put the dvd/laptop so everyone can see it- does it work on top of the sink?

2) if someone is cooking, and its raining and you don't have an awning on, is it possible to keep kids inside at a sensible distance (they are 7 and 4)- could be distracted by the aforementioned dvd if needed.

3) also thinking ahead to holidays- are campsites in holland/germany/south of France/Northern Italy/Northern Spain flexible- i.e can you just turn up or ring ahead on the day? Thinking we could just book a eurotunnel and if forecast is good, stay in northern europe, or if its bad, head south to find the sun. Would be likely to do this in late may/early june for a week or two as we get a 2 week half term then.

Anyway, have our dry run in a hire cali in a couple of weeks, and then we'll make a final decision (and please don't think we're tv obsessed- it just comes in handy as a distraction sometimes and i imagine will be v handy in a confined space!)

I s'pose you could turn both front seats towards each other and get them playing a board game? Or stick them up in the roof space, having converted it into a pirate ship, spaceship etc (thats what our friends 7 & 4 year olds did last weekend anyway!)

Put laptop on dashboard and turn front seats around, or put laptop upstairs for the children.

Four of you can watch the DVD with the front seats turned around and the laptop on top of the glass shelf above the cooker in comfort :D

We used ours a couple of times (the kids were 3 and 5) in bad weather - just made up the lower bed, stuck the DVD player on the back of one of the front seats and it worked fine. We all cosy'd up on the bed and it was quite nice. This was using a cheap DVD player from Halfords.

I reckon you can cook while the player is on no problem.

Calis are small but it's surprising how well you can fit in when needed.

ainrofilac said:
3) also thinking ahead to holidays- are campsites in holland/germany/south of France/Northern Italy/Northern Spain flexible- i.e can you just turn up or ring ahead on the day? Thinking we could just book a eurotunnel and if forecast is good, stay in northern europe, or if its bad, head south to find the sun. Would be likely to do this in late may/early june for a week or two as we get a 2 week half term then.

I've travelled for years all over Europe and never booked a campsite and never found one full, even in August, If travelling in the winter a large amount maybe closed though.