Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Morocco

Ksar- el-kebir

Ksar- el-kebir

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Got my Ocean last November; registered June '17. Only done two trips: one to Ireland in February and one to Morocco. Have visited Morocco many times over the last 40 years so if anyone wants any tips feel free to contact me via this site.

IMG_0722.JPG

I'm Irish but Morocco sounds like a fabulous trip!

My question (if you don't mind) is how do you cope without 4 wheel drive, in your opinion is it not necessary?

we are thinking of planning a winter trip, probably next year to Morocco. How were the ferry crossings? Thats what puts me off!

I'm Irish but Morocco sounds like a fabulous trip!

My question (if you don't mind) is how do you cope without 4 wheel drive, in your opinion is it not necessary?
Plenty of surfaced roads in Morocco and a lot of pistes (trails) are ok as they're graded frequently.
Wouldn't venture into the wild in a California even with 4wheel drive!

we are thinking of planning a winter trip, probably next year to Morocco. How were the ferry crossings? Thats what puts me off!
I went Dover - Dunkerque £64 then Algeciras - TangerMed around €180 return. I wouldn't go to Ceuta, can be very slow and confusing. Tarifa - Tanger ville is expensive and you have to get out of Tanger. Tanger Med is about 40km from the city and has a motorway link so you can avoid Tanger completely. The tolls are relatively cheap compared to France. You could take a ferry to Bilbao or Santander; it avoids the french motorways and there are decent roads in Spain so you don't need to spend much on tolls. The longer crossing is still more expensive and the Bay of Biscay can be jolly rough at any time but especially in winter!

I went Dover - Dunkerque £64 then Algeciras - TangerMed around €180 return. I wouldn't go to Ceuta, can be very slow and confusing. Tarifa - Tanger ville is expensive and you have to get out of Tanger. Tanger Med is about 40km from the city and has a motorway link so you can avoid Tanger completely. The tolls are relatively cheap compared to France. You could take a ferry to Bilbao or Santander; it avoids the french motorways and there are decent roads in Spain so you don't need to spend much on tolls. The longer crossing is still more expensive and the Bay of Biscay can be jolly rough at any time but especially in winter!

Sorry, should have said registered JUNE '16!
I like it so much I'm just in the process of ordering an Ocean SWB EU6 204 PS 2.0 TDI BMT 7sp DSG 4MOTION with lots of goodies.

Great pics, thanks for sharing Ksar. I had a couple of chances to visit Morocco, but never did. Where did you stay and for how long?

Great pics, thanks for sharing Ksar. I had a couple of chances to visit Morocco, but never did. Where did you stay and for how long?
I’ll try and record all the stops: Asila, Ksar-el-Kebir, Essaouira, Agadir, Ourzazate, Tineghir, Erfoud, Merzouga, Errachidia, Marrakech, Essaouira (again), Safi, Ksar-el-Kebir (again), Asilah (again), Chefchouen, Martil and Ceuta. Round trip took about 5 weeks. Only thing I’d say to avoid is Ceuta, can take hours, stick to Tanger Maritime!

G
Great pics, I have not been to Morocco in years, and I forgot how much of an interesting place it is. Did you wild camp or use sites, if so which ones. F

G
Great pics, I have not been to Morocco in years, and I forgot how much of an interesting place it is. Did you wild camp or use sites, if so which ones. F
Used camping sites. The sites were in the places we visited. Most of them basic but all had showers. They all had electric hook ups too although we didn’t use them.

thanks, my partner went to Morocco two years back on a photo shot, but I was working at the time. my need to leave batman home and take a visit. thanks for info. F

thanks, my partner went to Morocco two years back on a photo shot, but I was working at the time. my need to leave batman home and take a visit. thanks for info. F
On the Spain to Morocco ferries the California was charged as a Golf!

Looking like I will be going in march for a few weeks. Will be nice after months of wet and cold.F

Looking like I will be going in march for a few weeks. Will be nice after months of wet and cold.F
Best time to go if you’re going to the Sahara. Same goes for Marrakech; too hot in the summer.
I hope to be going to Basque Country and Lisbon to see friends and family so Morocco is not far from there. ¡Vamos a ver!

Think I will go heading for Casablanca looking for a chap called Rick who runs a bar. Will drive down france, spain etc, as I don't like the idea of a long boring trip by ferry. F

Think I will go heading for Casablanca looking for a chap called Rick who runs a bar. Will drive down france, spain etc, as I don't like the idea of a long boring trip by ferry. F

Don’t bother: Rick is long dead!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

There is always the memory of Rick. Anyway not been to Casablanca before so its a point to aim for. F

Back