Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Most important part of my California

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I saw a California today with the rear California badge removed - couldnt believe it, why would anyone deprive others of the thrill of seeing that word on the boot and not want to show off. i covet my California badge - why would someone take it off.

IMG_0428.JPG

Maybe they don't want the 'built not bought' phrase said to them the instant someone sees it? I can't understand the badging delete thing either, but it's their choice and I hope they enjoy it!

I certainly can't stand the dealer badges. I choose not to de-badge my T6, but I can always remove them later if need be.

Maybe they don't want the 'built not bought' phrase said to them the instant someone sees it?
To answer that ? not my issue/worry Iam sure you can tell a Cali is not a self build at 1st glance. I have had viewer's ask is that a California and am very happy to inform them our van's Mother and Father were both VW rather than VW and someonelse

To answer that ? not my issue/worry Iam sure you can tell a Cali is not a self build at 1st glance. I have had viewer's ask is that a California and am very happy to inform them our van's Mother and Father were both VW rather than VW and someonelse
Don't know that's why I started it 'maybe'. Who knows for sure why people do what they do unless you ask. You might not be able to tell at 'first glance' if it's a beach imo. Is yours de badged for people to ask you if it's a Cali?

Must be a demand as you can order T6 without badges
We add or removed bits to make our Cali "our Cali"

Must be a demand as you can order T6 without badges
We add or removed bits to make our Cali "our Cali"
Must be as you say. I can't understand how it is a no cost option thought? How can it be the same price if they don't fit the badges. Cost of badges (to the customer) and labour to fit them must be worth knocking a tenner off if you don't have them??

Cost of badges
Sure I have seen replacement Transporter badges for about ÂŁ25 on line should be at least ÂŁ50 off for order with no badge option --in my view

Last edited:
Sure I seen replacement Transporter badges for about ÂŁ25 on line should be at least ÂŁ50 off for order with no badge option
Didn't realise they would be that price, that's mad. Would go for the de badging option and write it on in pen myself if they gave me ÂŁ50 off. Ok maybe I wouldn't go that far but I would consider it if money was tight when ordering it. You could have the heated windscreen washer and level indicator instead.

On that basis - they should give customers the option to have more than one badge on the back - i would def have opted for an extra one if it was a no cost option - bearing in mind the badges they are saving by certain people de-badging ....... id have one on the bonnet too

Funnily enough it was only yesterday I went around the van pulling off the stickers from the dealer. I put tape over the number plate name, but left the little VW signs either side.
The one in the middle of the rear window was the most annoying as it isn't that big a window anyway, and right in your line of sight..
I left the California on the rear door of course.
I have been caught out though, thinking a caravelle, that has doors both sides is a Cali.

I saw a California today with the rear California badge removed - couldnt believe it, why would anyone deprive others of the thrill of seeing that word on the boot and not want to show off. i covet my California badge - why would someone take it off.

We'll probably do this when we order ours in the near future (next week if VW will get a move on and authorise this loyalty bonus...!). It'll have to be parked out on the road and by taking the badge off I feel it means people are less likely to know the real value of the vehicle, can't casually google the model if they're not familiar, etc.

I fully appreciate thieves will be thieves and if there's any determination then they'll get it but I'm hoping to avoid creating lots of chatter about having such an expensive vehicle. It'll just be referred to as a camper van by us and leave it at that.

I'm sure not everyone will agree with my logic but the way I see it minimising the fuss can only be a good thing.

We ordered a Cali a few weeks ago and chose to go without 'the model and engine badge'.
We figured it would just make it a smidgeon easier to clean the muck off the van.
That's my thoughts exactly. Definitely easier to clean and if I was to buy again I'd do the same. Don't care if anybody else knows what it is or not.
In fact I never gave it a thought when I ordered my T6 transporter and am now annoyed that I didn't delete the badges!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

View attachment 11771

I chose to de-badge. Not sure why it's SO controversial! I think it makes the tailgate look a little less cluttered and more 'clean'. My T6 has VW and Beach written on it twice. I think that makes it quite clear that it is a VW Beach! I understand others who don't want to de badge. It's just another nice part of speccing a new vehicle. Choosing your spec is fun!
IMG_4445.jpg

We'll probably do this when we order ours in the near future (next week if VW will get a move on and authorise this loyalty bonus...!). It'll have to be parked out on the road and by taking the badge off I feel it means people are less likely to know the real value of the vehicle, can't casually google the model if they're not familiar, etc.

I fully appreciate thieves will be thieves and if there's any determination then they'll get it but I'm hoping to avoid creating lots of chatter about having such an expensive vehicle. It'll just be referred to as a camper van by us and leave it at that.

I'm sure not everyone will agree with my logic but the way I see it minimising the fuss can only be a good thing.
Loose the awning too for a truly incognito look.

Loose the awning too for a truly incognito look.
And get a sign writer to put ACME Plumbers LTD on the sides and rear and a copy of the Sun and a Mars bar on the dash if you really want to blend in :thumb

Back