Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Motorbike and a T5 SE

Listersbox

Listersbox

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has tried to fit a motorbike, be it Road or off road, into a California T5 SE?
Obvs with rear seat removed etc.
Any ideas?

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Andy

I've been looking a bit and haven't been able to conclusively verify what the acceptable loading would be on the seat rails, as in fixing points for tie downs. The pic in that link shows rings fixed in rails something like this. I can't see a mention of load rating but looking at the detail pics of the installation I'm not sure I'd tie my ~200 kg bike down to that, much as I would like to... I had a look in the owners manual, which mentions the built in folding rings (250 daN, which seems not very much to me!) but it doesn't seem to specify this type of use. What am I missing?

Thanks for the replies!
I saw your post about the beach before but I was wondering if the SE overhead drawer and wardrobe sections would limit the bike actually getting in there or not.

I've been looking a bit and haven't been able to conclusively verify what the acceptable loading would be on the seat rails, as in fixing points for tie downs. The pic in that link shows rings fixed in rails something like this. I can't see a mention of load rating but looking at the detail pics of the installation I'm not sure I'd tie my ~200 kg bike down to that, much as I would like to... I had a look in the owners manual, which mentions the built in folding rings (250 daN, which seems not very much to me!) but it doesn't seem to specify this type of use. What am I missing?
My husband says his bike is ~200 kg but can not comment on loading rate. We used fittings from L&M Tech which we got via e-bay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T5-T6...il-multiflexboard-Load-Securing-/121803052819
I have scanned the page from the leaflet we had with them. zurrosen.jpg

Last edited:
See above! ;)
Yes thanks I was able to find my post from yours otherwise I would have had a problem finding again. I see from your picture you have a folding bicycle. I have also made a rack from bits of wood, the above fittings and parts from a bike rack so I can carry my bicycle in the van. I do have the advantage of having a short bike (girls) and as I have the 3 seat bench I do not have any cupboards to move. The 2 spare seats are in our garage.

Yes, we used to carry three bikes on the back and my (beloved) Brompton inside. All a big lot of faff though especially shifting the Brompton about and always needing to lift the tailgate with all the weight.

Next trip we will just take two rat/pub bikes to share as not once did we go out all together.

Back