Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Motorhome/Campervan/MPV ???

Oceandream A-T

Oceandream A-T

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi,
We collected our MY19 cali last Friday and are over the moon. This morning in the post our V5 come through after checking all the details the Cali is listed as a MPV. Strange ??
What are peoples thoughts on this is it a benefit at all ? looking to insure this week through Comfort will this be an issue? has anyone managed the DLVA to change there 2019 cali back to "camper van".

Thanks so much !
:help

Have a read of this thread, its quite big now. Currently it seems that it is expected to stay that way and seems to related to shenanigans going on in DVLA.

I see this as a good thing and can't see many downsides.

There seems to be evermore parking restrictions targeting motor homes and camper vans.

You're one of the lucky ones with a V5 saying you've got a MPV. Result! :thumb

Hi,
We collected our MY19 cali last Friday and are over the moon. This morning in the post our V5 come through after checking all the details the Cali is listed as a MPV. Strange ??
What are peoples thoughts on this is it a benefit at all ? looking to insure this week through Comfort will this be an issue? has anyone managed the DLVA to change there 2019 cali back to "camper van".

Thanks so much !
:help
My new Ocean is due very shortly. I've just had a quote with Comfort and mentioned the DVLA issue and have been told Comfort is well aware of this and they do not have a problem insuring a VW Ocean with an MPV classification.

I see this as a good thing and can't see many downsides.

There seems to be evermore parking restrictions targeting motor homes and camper vans.

You're one of the lucky ones with a V5 saying you've got a MPV. Result! :thumb
Yes this is a good point, it would cost me less on the Euro Tunnel if I wasn't a motor caravan on my V5.