Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

HugoFar

HugoFar

Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
After owning our 2008 Cali 4 Motion for 2 months I finally decided to check the state of the VW California Boot Tent yesterday and discovered lots of mould. It looks like the last owners had packed it up wet and never dried it. (They didn't use it much in the last year)
Does any one have a good way of cleaning the mould from the fabric? I've got it hanging open on the clothes line at the moment but that doesn't get much direct sun,although it is sunny at the moment. Apart from airing and direct sun is there a way to kill the mould without damaging the fabric? I'm sure I can google some thing but am keen to hear if any Cali owners have achieved this successfully,and how?

After owning our 2008 Cali 4 Motion for 2 months I finally decided to check the state of the VW California Boot Tent yesterday and discovered lots of mould. It looks like the last owners had packed it up wet and never dried it. (They didn't use it much in the last year)
Does any one have a good way of cleaning the mould from the fabric? I've got it hanging open on the clothes line at the moment but that doesn't get much direct sun,although it is sunny at the moment. Apart from airing and direct sun is there a way to kill the mould without damaging the fabric? I'm sure I can google some thing but am keen to hear if any Cali owners have achieved this successfully,and how?

We had mould in a tent some years ago the fix was distilled (white) vinegar. Killed the mould and the smell but doesn't clean the strains left. Depends what mold it is I believe there are many types.

Google is you friend here

Good luck

Many suggestions here.

clean mouldy tent

Back