Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mounting Solar Panel directly (stick-on) on the roof

Ciki62

Ciki62

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi,

I decide to mount solar panel directly on the roof. I looks very clean and no cables outside of the vehicle.
roof.png
Do you have any ideas, pictures how to route cable inside the pop up roof ? (VW T6 Cali beach)

I want to glue solara M-Serie marine flexi panel directly on the roof. (see the .pdf)
Glue with sikaflex (mounting instructions)

I need a advice how to route cable inside tent. And advice how to remove top roof upholstery.
roof inside.jpg

Then It is easy part for my friend who make custom electric installations inside the cars and vans. I then route cable under the side plastic panels to the second battery.

Thanks, Ivan,.

Attachments

• SOLARA_M-Serie_und Power-M-Serie_Montageanleitung_EN_06_01_2016.pdf
    336.5 KB · Views: 28
Hi,

I decide to mount solar panel directly on the roof. I looks very clean and no cables outside of the vehicle.
View attachment 21434
Do you have any ideas, pictures how to route cable inside the pop up roof ? (VW T6 Cali beach)

I want to glue solara M-Serie marine flexi panel directly on the roof. (see the .pdf)
Glue with sikaflex (mounting instructions)

I need a advice how to route cable inside tent. And advice how to remove top roof upholstery.
View attachment 21436

Then It is easy part for my friend who make custom electric installations inside the cars and vans. I then route cable under the side plastic panels to the second battery.

Thanks, Ivan,.
The easiest way is through the Rubber cable cover that takes the cable loom into the tailgate. No need to drill holes or remove roof lining which is, I believe, glued on.

See here for some pictures
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/solar-panel-fitting-and-review.13420/