Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Moving 2 seat bench in a beach to the far side

Rupertexists

Rupertexists

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi guys, I am new here and thinking of buying a cali beach blue motion, I like the idea of the 2 seater bench so I can fit in a top loading coolbox instead of the storage box. If you take out the storage box can the 2 seater bench be move to the far rails where the storage box was? In this way I can put a coolbox of the right side near the sliding door for easy access. Any ideas? Many thanks Rupert :D

You could just buy a three seater beach and you can have a cool box where you like unless you really want one next to the rear seats.

James

Sounds like good advice, but the used van I had my eye on has the 2 seater bench and I do like the idea of the extra floor/storage space. It looks like a Waeco CF35 should fill nicely in the gap where storage box currently lives. The dealer said the bench could not be moved over to the left rails, I assume that is gospel?

Rupert

Rupertexists said:
Sounds like good advice, but the used van I had my eye on has the 2 seater bench and I do like the idea of the extra floor/storage space. It looks like a Waeco CF35 should fill nicely in the gap where storage box currently lives. The dealer said the bench could not be moved over to the left rails, I assume that is gospel?

Rupert

I don't know about novice the seat but its three quarter width so maybe it won't move to the other side.

Best person to ask is Colin at Oxford T5 - he does this sort of thing for a living and is very good.

The two seater Beach is a very practical thing and the rear seat sits and folds lower like the full Cali. The three seater will give you some storage probably not as much as the large storage box of the two seater.

James

Back