Mr Blu is nearly here....!!!

Smiffy4bikes

Smiffy4bikes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I am officially VERY EXCITED!! :)

‘Mr Blu’ will be arriving at the dealership TODAY!!! :bananadance2

And, its my birthday today so I’m am super happy :) The kids thought I’d completely lost the plot this morning as I danced around the kitchen... I got that blank teenager ‘look’ from my daughter, bless her. I suppose I should be grateful she even noticed from behind her headphones and phone, which seem to be permanantly attached to her head these days. I digress....

Anyway, the dealer has got a colour coded spoiler and window tints to sort out, and what with work commitments etc it may be a couple of weeks before I can pick him up, oh boy, its going to be a very long fortnight!!

Now all the insurance and other boring finance stuff to get finalised...joy!

And, its my birthday today so I’m am super happy :) The kids thought I’d completely lost the plot this morning as I danced around the kitchen... I got that blank teenager ‘look’ from my daughter, bless her. I suppose I should be grateful she even noticed from behind her headphones and phone, which seem to be permanantly attached to her head these days. I digress....

Anyway, the dealer has got a colour coded spoiler and window tints to sort out, and what with work commitments etc it may be a couple of weeks before I can pick him up, oh boy, its going to be a very long fortnight!!

WooHooooo!! :bananadance2So pleased for you. Happy Birthday too :cheers

Mine will arrive soon too (although they have still to build it - week 4) ! I'm sorting out boring stuff too like spare wheel locks, spare fuses etc.(I need to spread costs over a few months!)

WooHooooo!! :bananadance2So pleased for you. Happy Birthday too :cheers

Mine will arrive soon too (although they have still to build it - week 4) ! I'm sorting out boring stuff too like spare wheel locks, spare fuses etc.(I need to spread costs over a few months!)

Thanks JW! Yes, my Cali Bottom Drawer is bulging at the seams... it ain't cheap is it?!

Happy birthday and kind of also the birthday of your new Cali. Enjoy and we look forward to some pictures!

Hi ,can you let me know when you placed your order please? mine still status 10, ordered end of Sept. Keen to know if you get all the options you ordered. When I looked at the brochure last week, things like the ACC at 130mph wasnt an option. this is an option I chose and I would be devastated to take delivery after 6 months to find things absent.

Look forward to seeing pictures. When you get the Cali. Good colour choice.
Mine will be the same colour in late Feb, early March - "Team Blue" or should it be "Blu"?

Hi ,can you let me know when you placed your order please? mine still status 10, ordered end of Sept. Keen to know if you get all the options you ordered. When I looked at the brochure last week, things like the ACC at 130mph wasnt an option. this is an option I chose and I would be devastated to take delivery after 6 months to find things absent.

I’m collecting the Cali the week after next, so until I physically check all the options, I won’t know for sure, but lets hope it's all present and correct!

I placed my deposit on the 18th of May 2016, so it was 7.5 months before it arrived in the uk, which if you follow all the related threads, seems to be about the average wait time.

IMG_0143.jpg

I’m collecting the Cali the week after next, so until I physically check all the options, I won’t know for sure, but lets hope it's all present and correct!

I placed my deposit on the 18th of May 2016, so it was 7.5 months before it arrived in the uk, which if you follow all the related threads, seems to be about the average wait time.

View attachment 18341
Looking good! Very exciting! :bananadance2

Just over six weeks from Build to being in UK means all things being equal mine should be here about week 10.:thumb:thumb

View attachment 18341
7 1/2 months? I hope mine comes sooner. Your blue looks bluer than the regular Acapulco Blue. Looks very nice in that shade.

7 1/2 months? I hope mine comes sooner. Your blue looks bluer than the regular Acapulco Blue. Looks very nice in that shade.
7 to 7 1/2 months seems about right but there are lucky ones who get theirs earlier. Hope you are one of them.:thumb

The dealer took these shots for me, I think this one shows more of the 'true blue’ :)

If your Cali comes sooner, I’ll be very happy for you, but prepare yourself as it may not....

IMG_0137.JPG

You’ll also note from the above image that this is the factory privacy glass, too light for me! I prefer to have the back darker as it helps security, stops me and the kids feeling like we're sitting in a goldfish bowl when we’re parked up and chilling out, and I think, improves the overall look.

Its off to the tinting shop today, so when it comes back I’ll ask the dealer to send me some pics so I can compare the 'before and after’. I’ll post up some pics later :thumb

7 1/2 months PAH!
Ordered 26 March and it's still not built.
Absolutely disgusted and feel totally let down by all parts of the VW company.
This is the last VW vehicle of any description I will ever buy and to be honest I don't know why I'm giving them any more of my money for this one.

VW are a totally useless bunch of ××××××s (feel free to insert your own expletives)

Ahhh that feels better!

Are you sure they added the privacy option? Doesn't look tinted at all. I'm sure the Cali I hired with standard privacy glass was much darker than that.

The dealer took these shots for me, I think this one shows more of the 'true blue’ :)

If your Cali comes sooner, I’ll be very happy for you, but prepare yourself as it may not....

View attachment 18354
Those windows look like green tint but not privacy. Is your dealer trying to tell you that these this is factory privacy glass? The privacy glass product code is QL0 and should be included in the options sticker. This is a google it sticker so it may not be exactly the same as yours.
1176-1400153437-7e3c65bd50b6afcb9871d50269764157.jpg

But if the privacy glass has been fitted you should find the code QL0 on your sticker. The sticker will be either in the owners manual or on the vehicle (I'm not sure where it is on a Cali - anybody help?).
If the code is missing and you ordered PGlass then this might be a miss build and in which case you should discuss conpensation/alternative solutions at no cost to you with your dealer. The QL0 option was £245 +VAT in June17 price list.

The sticker will be either in the owners manual or on the vehicle (I'm not sure where it is on a Cali - anybody help?).

Just checked mine it#s stuck facing down towards the footwell, just above the brake pedal (auto)

...m e...

Just checked mine it#s stuck facing down towards the footwell, just above the brake pedal (auto)

...m e...

Sometimes on the front of the drivers seat frame above the swivel lever.

Those windows look like green tint but not privacy. Is your dealer trying to tell you that these this is factory privacy glass? The privacy glass product code is QL0 and should be included in the options sticker. This is a google it sticker so it may not be exactly the same as yours.
1176-1400153437-7e3c65bd50b6afcb9871d50269764157.jpg

But if the privacy glass has been fitted you should find the code QL0 on your sticker. The sticker will be either in the owners manual or on the vehicle (I'm not sure where it is on a Cali - anybody help?).
If the code is missing and you ordered PGlass then this might be a miss build and in which case you should discuss conpensation/alternative solutions at no cost to you with your dealer. The QL0 option was £245 +VAT in June17 price list.

Thanks JW for your comprehensive reply :thumb

I checked my order and as suspected, its the standard factory ‘colour’ to the glass as opposed to the factory tint. Apologies for any confusion peeps... Its been such a long wait I forget some of the details!

If my memory serves me right, the dealer advised against privacy if I was looking at a darker tint, as its not dark enough, hence the after-market tinting which is being applied currently.

I shall post the ‘after’ pics when I get them.

Thanks JW for your comprehensive reply :thumb

I checked my order and as suspected, its the standard factory ‘colour’ to the glass as opposed to the factory tint. Apologies for any confusion peeps... Its been such a long wait I forget some of the details!

If my memory serves me right, the dealer advised against privacy if I was looking at a darker tint, as its not dark enough, hence the after-market tinting which is being applied currently.

I shall post the ‘after’ pics when I get them.
Looking forward to the pics :thumb

7 1/2 months PAH!
Ordered 26 March and it's still not built.
Absolutely disgusted and feel totally let down by all parts of the VW company.
This is the last VW vehicle of any description I will ever buy and to be honest I don't know why I'm giving them any more of my money for this one.

VW are a totally useless bunch of ××××××s (feel free to insert your own expletives)

Ahhh that feels better!
Hi there is it the vw vehicles is the problem or some vw sales people or is there some one else you are not happy with .my experience is first class
Vehicles but some times the sales people are not really alive .and. Can only sell a white golf (if you know what I mean ).why don't you cancel your car and buy something else .you are only tormenting yourself and will never be good in your eyes .we have 5 vehicles from vw audi brand and a few others from other distant brands and wouldent have it any other way .wish you all the very best and hope you relax with it all .