Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mud flap options for T6.1's with a sports pack?

Wiggs

Wiggs

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi,

I'm hoping to collect my new Ocean at the weekend. Its been spec'd with the sports pack and thus couldn't have mudflaps factory fitted. However the dealer has just told me that its not been possible to have mudflaps fitted by the dealer either. Does anyone have any suggestions of what options for mudflaps would fit an Ocean with a sports pack?

Thanks

Vee Dub Transporters shud be able to help ..£44.99 for set of 4 , 2 couple of screws on rear , 1 on front

I assume that VW don't fit due to possible ground clearance issue.

This type may be suitable unless you have any side skirting fitted.

The factory fitted rear mudflaps on my (quite old) T5 Cali have been a bit of a nuisance.
They've been effective spraywise but the diagonal, reversing parking outside my house means that any inattentive driving pushes/crushes one of the very stiff rubber flaps upward and the metal bracket fastening it to the body bends - and sometimes the rivets and screws holding everything together fail.

The Van Centre are kind enough to bend everything back correctly and refasten it (no cost) ... and then it happends again. It's become a running joke.
Maybe the sensible thing would be to remove the whole package both sides?

I might say that I'm not the culprit. It's the other three family members ;-)
Honest.

Hi,

I'm hoping to collect my new Ocean at the weekend. Its been spec'd with the sports pack and thus couldn't have mudflaps factory fitted. However the dealer has just told me that its not been possible to have mudflaps fitted by the dealer either. Does anyone have any suggestions of what options for mudflaps would fit an Ocean with a sports pack?

Thanks
Probably ground clearance. Our van came with factory fitted mud flaps but since having the 30mm lowering springs fitted the rear flaps do ground occasionally.

Probably ground clearance. Our van came with factory fitted mud flaps but since having the 30mm lowering springs fitted the rear flaps do ground occasionally.
Yep, same here with dealer fitted ones. I’ve sort of got used to them catching on aggressive speed bumps

Does the sports pack come with lowered suspension then?

Does the sports pack come with lowered suspension then?
No. I guess the factory 'flaps aren't designed to be optimal with the (optional) 30mm lowering

I wouldn’t have the dealer fitted ones, they look awful compared to factory. You can see the rivets.

Back