Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mud Flaps

D

Davidandbev

VIP Member
Hi. What is the current view on mud flaps. Haven’t seen anything current so keen to get a steer from others.
Thanks as always.

Hi. What is the current view on mud flaps. Haven’t seen anything current so keen to get a steer from others.
Thanks as always.
Couldn’t get them with the sports pack.
Don’t miss them

Thanks as always.
Didn't spec them when we ordered ours. Not realising that dealerfit, as opposed to factory fit involved drilling.
Reluctant to drill, I opted for the aftermarket stubby/shorty ones that use existing wheel arch lining screws. About £35ish. Subtle and look like an OEM fit.

If you know you want them, best to get them factory fitted.

Last edited:
I wrote a short post on them a while ago. Let me find it and link below. I got some T6 ones and they look great just needed a little fettle on the front.

Last edited:
Factory fit ones are more than flappy bits of plastic - they’re decent construction and IMO will help prevent underbody gravel rash.

I selected the factory fit ones, nearly always have mudflats on my vehicle, personal choice.

Thanks … we’ve missed the boat on a factory fit as our Cali is due to arrive in a couple of weeks. I should have asked this question a lot earlier.

Thanks … we’ve missed the boat on a factory fit as our Cali is due to arrive in a couple of weeks. I should have asked this question a lot earlier.
DandB, we are in a similar situation. We did’nt spec mud flaps on our Beach Camper. I contacted Breeze just prior to build and was advised not to try and add as it may hold up the build process. Apparently at Breeze there is an employee who has become very adept at measuring correctly then fitting. We just need to decide whether to have them fitted pre collection. Good luck with the decision making.

Check the front ones don’t rub on the bottom of the door, I’ve seen posts on the T6 forum where they have damaged the door edge and it has rusted.

I checked my front ones, which were rubbing and removed them before they did any damage to the door edge.

you can prevent the problem by cutting away the edge of the front mud flap where it touches the door. ( I’ve not refitted my fronts)

Check the front ones don’t rub on the bottom of the door, I’ve seen posts on the T6 forum where they have damaged the door edge and it has rusted.

I checked my front ones, which were rubbing and removed them before they did any damage to the door edge.

you can prevent the problem by cutting away the edge of the front mud flap where it touches the door. ( I’ve not refitted my fronts)
Already done. I shaved the base and put some tape on to check the door gap. All good. :cool:

Back