Best VW California Dedicated Forum by Miles :)

Multiflex Board vs Comfort Mattress

Discussion in 'VW California Beach Chat' started by JTMonza, Nov 17, 2018.

1. JTMonza

JTMonza

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    Looking to buy
    Year:
    Has any one got any pictures that show the difference between the multiflex board and its topper and the comfort mattress. Is it worth buying the comfort mattress for occasional use?
    We are looking at a Beach with a 3 seat bench.

2. calikev

calikev Administrator Staff Member Admin/Founder

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 Beach
    I would definitely buy the comfort mattress

3. s2bear

s2bear VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 4Motion
    Year:
    I bought the mattress from the shop that goes on top of everything. Downstairs bed is now way more comfortable than upstairs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Amarillo

Amarillo Tom Top Poster VIP Member

Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    If very occasional use you can get away with an Ikea 150x200 cm mattress topper ~£80. We slept on one for about 80 nearly consecutive nights during the Scandinavian section of our European Tour. We then replaced it with the very expensive Brandrup mattress ~£500 for the remainder of our European trip. I can confirm that the Brandrup mattress is much more comfortable - however, I do wish it was 10 cm shorter as it flops over the front of the bench seat.

The Ikea topper is perfectly adequate for occasional use.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products...rs/talgje-mattress-topper-white-art-40298254/

• I Like That! I Like That! x 1
  5. 69 Campers

69 Campers VIP Member VIP Trade Partner

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 150
    Year:
    Comfort mattress even though it is expensive, just think off your back as well, short term idea if just the two of you is to bring down the mattress from the pop top, short term solution

6. Georgiegirl

Georgiegirl

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 204
    Year:
    I haven’t had a beach with the 3 seater bench but my understanding is that it isn’t flat when lowered and the comfort mattress is pretty essential to ensure you can’t feel the bumps. I’m sure beach owners will be able to correct me if this isn’t correct

7. Scorf

Scorf VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Cali On Order
    Year:
    No Georgiegirl, you're spot on :thumb

The 3 seater bench is precisely that, with all the respective lumps & bumps you get with a normal car seat, designed as such, which can become a bed as and when required.

The 2 seater bench in an Ocean or the 2 seater beach is a pan flat bed, being used as a seat when upright.

Absolutely essential to have the comfort mattress with the 3 seater beach IMHO.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
  8. Borris

Borris Top Poster VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    With a three seater Beach you will need the VW Comfort mattress. The underside is specially contoured to counter the undulations in the bench seat. This mattress produces a perfectly flat sleeping surface but some find it rather firm. We use a couple of self inflating mattresses on top and a Duvalay.

9. JJJ

JJJ VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    After our 3rd trip I can confirm that the comfort mattress is, well, comfortable but can see that it may be too firm for some. There is no way we would consider sleeping directly on the seat though...

• Thanks Thanks x 1