Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Multiflex Board vs Comfort Mattress

JTMonza

JTMonza

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Has any one got any pictures that show the difference between the multiflex board and its topper and the comfort mattress. Is it worth buying the comfort mattress for occasional use?
We are looking at a Beach with a 3 seat bench.

I would definitely buy the comfort mattress

I bought the mattress from the shop that goes on top of everything. Downstairs bed is now way more comfortable than upstairs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has any one got any pictures that show the difference between the multiflex board and its topper and the comfort mattress. Is it worth buying the comfort mattress for occasional use?
We are looking at a Beach with a 3 seat bench.
If very occasional use you can get away with an Ikea 150x200 cm mattress topper ~£80. We slept on one for about 80 nearly consecutive nights during the Scandinavian section of our European Tour. We then replaced it with the very expensive Brandrup mattress ~£500 for the remainder of our European trip. I can confirm that the Brandrup mattress is much more comfortable - however, I do wish it was 10 cm shorter as it flops over the front of the bench seat.

The Ikea topper is perfectly adequate for occasional use.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products...rs/talgje-mattress-topper-white-art-40298254/

Comfort mattress even though it is expensive, just think off your back as well, short term idea if just the two of you is to bring down the mattress from the pop top, short term solution

I haven’t had a beach with the 3 seater bench but my understanding is that it isn’t flat when lowered and the comfort mattress is pretty essential to ensure you can’t feel the bumps. I’m sure beach owners will be able to correct me if this isn’t correct

I haven’t had a beach with the 3 seater bench but my understanding is that it isn’t flat when lowered and the comfort mattress is pretty essential to ensure you can’t feel the bumps. I’m sure beach owners will be able to correct me if this isn’t correct

No Georgiegirl, you're spot on :thumb

The 3 seater bench is precisely that, with all the respective lumps & bumps you get with a normal car seat, designed as such, which can become a bed as and when required.

The 2 seater bench in an Ocean or the 2 seater beach is a pan flat bed, being used as a seat when upright.

Absolutely essential to have the comfort mattress with the 3 seater beach IMHO.

With a three seater Beach you will need the VW Comfort mattress. The underside is specially contoured to counter the undulations in the bench seat. This mattress produces a perfectly flat sleeping surface but some find it rather firm. We use a couple of self inflating mattresses on top and a Duvalay.

After our 3rd trip I can confirm that the comfort mattress is, well, comfortable but can see that it may be too firm for some. There is no way we would consider sleeping directly on the seat though...

Back