Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Munro campsite recommendations

Baldrick

Baldrick

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Third visit to the Highlands in the ‘Van starts next weekend, 17 days there hill walking with the dog. Has anyone any campsite recommendations with a Munro (better still a few) from the door - ideally with a pub serving good food close by (‘close by’ is I s’pose relative to how far you’ve just walked).

I’ve already ticked off almost all of Glen Coe, Mount Keen, Driesh & Mayar, Cairngorm, Ben Macdui, Ben Lomond, Ben Nevis & Lochnagar.

I can recommend the car park at the base of Driesh & Mayar also Mount Keen (no facilities on site but directions to local ones) - Mind all the Red Squirrels on the way! Speaking of which, The Red Squirrel at Glen Coe.

Thank you!

Third visit to the Highlands in the ‘Van starts next weekend, 17 days there hill walking with the dog. Has anyone any campsite recommendations with a Munro (better still a few) from the door - ideally with a pub serving good food close by (‘close by’ is I s’pose relative to how far you’ve just walked).

I’ve already ticked off almost all of Glen Coe, Mount Keen, Driesh & Mayar, Cairngorm, Ben Macdui, Ben Lomond, Ben Nevis & Lochnagar.

I can recommend the car park at the base of Driesh & Mayar also Mount Keen (no facilities on site but directions to local ones) - Mind all the Red Squirrels on the way! Speaking of which, The Red Squirrel at Glen Coe.

Thank you!
Maybe Glen Shiel, campsite at Shiel bridge and another near by. North and south Glen Shiel ridges etc . Generally quieter than coe and theres a good pub walking distance depending how many munros that day !