Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My 2011 T5 California only has one leisure battery

C

CaliforniaDreamin‘

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi All
I hope you are having a great weekend.

I have a 2011 T5 Bi-Tdi California with 4 Motion. I live in Switzerland and plan to ski-camp in December with a friend. I have done it a few times before alone but this Summer I noticed the leisure „batteries“ depleting quite quickly so intended to do the Varta LA80 upgrade.

However unlike other California‘s which people comment on, even though my camper display shows two Batteries, mine does NOT have one under the passenger seat? Hence I seem to have only one battery despite what the display indicates.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Many thanks!

Mike

BD356288-6B8A-4118-A7D1-133FFA650F18.jpeg

AF051EEA-6C6F-4B2F-BDC4-93B26218450E.jpeg

9EC9340C-CDBA-4210-A132-4BD02798CAD0.jpeg

99B57A70-0E6A-4D90-9B5F-DA66663CF828.jpeg

Hi All
I hope you are having a great weekend.

I have a 2011 T5 Bi-Tdi California with 4 Motion. I live in Switzerland and plan to ski-camp in December with a friend. I have done it a few times before alone but this Summer I noticed the leisure „batteries“ depleting quite quickly so intended to do the Varta LA80 upgrade.

However unlike other California‘s which people comment on, even though my camper display shows two Batteries, mine does NOT have one under the passenger seat? Hence I seem to have only one battery despite what the display indicates.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Many thanks!

Mike

View attachment 102573

View attachment 102574

View attachment 102575

View attachment 102576
Obviously it has been modified in some way and the seat battery removed. Are the leads still there?

Obviously it has been modified in some way and the seat battery removed. Are the leads still there?
It seems not to have been. Everything looks factory with VW cable sheathing and stickers. There are no leads for a battery.

To me that looks like a photo of the right seat base?
Is the confusion here that in the UK passenger seat is the left. OP is based in Switzerland, check the other seat
Thank you owen_h! You are correct. And having removed everything that was between the kitchen cupboard and the LHD driver seat, yes the battery is under the driver seat. It seems odd as in all other cars the only changing is the driving position (wheel/pedals). I am not sure why the front leisure battery is sided? It seems like an unnecessary (and inconvenient) difference. As it looks like more work to change it than if it was under my passengers seat. Thanks to you and Welsh_gas for the comments.

It isn't. It's always on the left hand side as you look forward in the van. i.e. Under the drivers seat in left hand drive, under the passenger seat in right hand drive.
Thank you Vagophile. Yes I see now from another post that it is the same.

Many thanks!

Back