MY 2019

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi all,

Just going into build very soon week 2 and getting a little more excited. Has anyone received a 2019 as I’m interested to know if there are any changes to last years model I’ve ordered 204 DSG will now be 199, two tone, factory HD ARB, dealer lowered 30mm with sportline accessories alround with 18” BBS SX wheel.

Hi all,

Just going into build very soon week 2 and getting a little more excited. Has anyone received a 2019 as I’m interested to know if there are any changes to last years model I’ve ordered 204 DSG will now be 199, two tone, factory HD ARB, dealer lowered 30mm with sportline accessories alround with 18” BBS SX wheel.
So no spare wheel.:Nailbiting

Hi, I was considering Gunk and a compressor, maybe a 18” steel wheel.

Any views?

Hi, I was considering Gunk and a compressor, maybe a 18” steel wheel.

Any views?
You will have such a system provided, but of limited use. Certain tyre damage cannot be sorted.
You would need spare Wheel carrier and a 16" or 17" steel wheel with a tyre that gives you the same circumference as your 18" wheel/tyre and use it as a get you to a garage spare , so limited distance/speed spare.
Also a SpareSafe. Carrier from VW or Forum shop who also sell SpareSafe. Wheel/tyre eBay or Dealer.

Gunk and compressor is fine if you are a commuter in a small car doing low mileage but a campervan needs to have a spare wheel as if you get a puncture or blowout it will ruin your holiday as you can't just continue your journey as you would with a spare wheel.

You will have such a system provided, but of limited use. Certain tyre damage cannot be sorted.
You would need spare Wheel carrier and a 16" or 17" steel wheel with a tyre that gives you the same circumference as your 18" wheel/tyre and use it as a get you to a garage spare , so limited distance/speed spare.
Also a SpareSafe. Carrier from VW or Forum shop who also sell SpareSafe. Wheel/tyre eBay or Dealer.
Minor correction -- 204/199 will need 17" spare, 16" fouls brakes.

Minor correction -- 204/199 will need 17" spare, 16" fouls brakes.
Great thanks for all your inputs as that’s exactly why a forum works to take/offer sound technical advice,

Will it come with a 17” alloy or steel wheel as standard?

Thanks all

Great thanks for all your inputs as that’s exactly why a forum works to take/offer sound technical advice,

Thanks all
You said you had ordered your vehicle with 18” alloys. If that is the case there will be no spare wheel carrier or spare wheel.

If the 18” alloys are Dealer fitted then you might be lucky and it might have a 17” steel spare and wheel carrier.

Spare wheel essential for a Cali when on holiday. It should be considered as an insurance policy and you wouldn't leave home without one of those would you!

Spare wheel essential for a Cali when on holiday. It should be considered as an insurance policy and you wouldn't leave home without one of those would you!
You’d be surprised how many do.:Nailbiting

Thanks all
17" alloy wheels come with a 17" steel spare as standard. You have to order/pay extra at the vehicle order point if you want an matching alloy spare wheel.

17" alloy wheels come with a 17" steel spare as standard. You have to order/pay extra at the vehicle order point if you want an matching alloy spare wheel.
Great, I now no my course of action.

Cheers all

Also Just 17 inch and a spare one on the bottom here

In terms of differences, I have so far noticed.
The small blind above the fridge now has cubby holes.
The isofix fittings are now easier to access. VW have placed little cut outs into the back seat support to facilitate this.

Great, I now no my course of action.

Cheers all
You can order the carrier from the club shop, make sure you order the 17”. While you’re online, order the Sparesafe lock as per @WelshGas advice. Don’t forget to enter your VIP code for the discount on both items.

I got a wheel off eBay
0BBC0CA4-9261-4BCA-97F2-EBF377501B47.jpeg
I see it’s now unavailable but if you put those details in the search box I’m sure an alternative will come up.

Good luck with the new bus! :thumb

I've ordered a 199 4 motion which means there's no room for a spare due to 4wd, compressor option only and no swing away spare wheel option as a Land Rover.

• Disagree
Reactions: Loz
I've ordered a 199 4 motion which means there's no room for a spare due to 4wd, compressor option only and no swing away spare wheel option as a Land Rover.
I'm not sure that is correct. I have a 2014 4Motion. It has the same driveline as the T6 4Motion. I have 17" Alloys and a 17" steel spare.
If you ordered 18" alloys then you won't have a spare but can buy the carrier and 17" spare to use as a get you home wheel.

I'm not sure that is correct. I have a 2014 4Motion. It has the same driveline as the T6 4Motion. I have 17" Alloys and a 17" steel spare.
If you ordered 18" alloys then you won't have a spare but can buy the carrier and 17" spare to use as a get you home wheel.

Oh well that's interesting, I'm only quoting what I was told by the dealers. So you've got a spare in there no issues?
I wonder if it's down to a weight issue and taxation class then? Mine's coming with 17's so shouldn't cause any problems if the same as yours.

Oh well that's interesting, I'm only quoting what I was told by the dealers. So you've got a spare in there no issues?
I wonder if it's down to a weight issue and taxation class then? Mine's coming with 17's so shouldn't cause any problems if the same as yours.
It could be due to the emissions etc: but nothing to stop you fitting afterwards.

Back