Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My cali has been wounded :(

Not good! How and where did this happen - I assume an accident or a breakin. You mention "damages inside" so a breakin? If so should be covered I would have thought.

i was in figueres,spain,someone forced it to steal inside (nothing,all the value things were with me),while i was around the city,lunch time.

So glad nothing of value stolen. Pity about the damage to the window and inside (You dont say how bad this is) but it seems like a straight forward insurance claim. Good luck and hope it will not have a too negative impact on your trip.

Sorry to hear , hope it works out well for you.
Like to know how they worked the way in . What did they force ?
The window seems to fallen out ?

Sorry to see such mindless damage. Hope you get it sorted quickly.

:(:Depressed:sorry Sad to see, people that do that are low life pond scum.

Hope you get it sorted OK with the insurance company.

Makes me so :mad: to see this.... no respect for other people's property.

:rage
But unfortunately you are not the only one.
My parents were there (already a long time ago) with a "real" camper. They parked up on a big parking. They were going to visit the DalĂ­ museum, but due to the giant waiting line, they decided to return. At their arrival on the parking, a car drove away at high speed. Their camper was forced and everything to steal lay on the table, all the cupboards were opened and the burglar must have hit his head because there was a lot of blood. Luckily nothing was stolen, and the camper was a hired one. The burglar must have had someone on the lookout. They were probably thinking: they are gone for hours if they visit the museum.

A few years ago, I went there again with my parents, and we drove to Figueres from Argelès-sur-Mer (France).
I didn't want to park on that parking. So we drove around and parked at the city park, probably in the Carrer De d'Espolla, away from all the cars, but in open sight. Luckily nothing happened, maybe because the burglars/thieves (?) focus on crowdy places with a lot of cars where they can hide and look out.

I am glad nothing happened to my California ever (yet :sorry).

Good luck with the insurance, and the good thing is that there was nothing stolen.

End of May last year we travelled from Bilbao to the other side of North Spain and then later went over the border to France for our journey home (a whole month away from home.)
One of our visits on route was a place called VIC, we stopped and parked up close to the city and was going to look around as it had interesting things to see when a Black guy walking by us stopped in his tracks seeing us and sat on the wall very close to us and got out his mobile phone talking and starring at us for ages so we felt unconfutable with him and left.
Not being racist (as he is black) or saying they are the problem for stealing? But there are many getting into Spain now from South for ports to UK or heading to French ports with just the cloths they wear.In July at Oustreheim was a few migrant's hanging around but when we returned in October,there were many and I mean many and that's where one attempted to open my tail gate at the traffic lights at the port when I stopped at a red light. Lucky the vehicle was looked and forget about the lazy French cops looking after you, they too busy chatting to each other doing nought, mind you when at lidl there was a young lady with a dog in security uniform who patrolled around the area, up as far as Mc Donald's and had words with groups of them.
So keep safe,be vigilant if possible where ever you may be, we drive expensive vehicles'.

When you go abroad, try to remember to lock and unlock the car manually. Otherwise they would even be able to steal the code from your fob and open your car like they have the key.
I didn't do it for this 9 years, but it might be something to be aware of when you park in big parkings near big cities.

My heart bleeds for you, may buggers!!!

Oooh, grrrrrr, aarrrgghhhhh, Shame you didnt have a rottweiler in the back!!!

When you go abroad, try to remember to lock and unlock the car manually. Otherwise they would even be able to steal the code from your fob and open your car like they have the key.
I didn't do it for this 9 years, but it might be something to be aware of when you park in big parkings near big cities.
I thought you had to be within a few feet of the key to steal the code.

Back