Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My Comfortz Awning for Fiamma F45S

Richard Newell

Richard Newell

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I went ahead and bought one of these. The chap I spoke with was very helpful and happy to spend time talking through different options. When the kit arrived it was SO easy to put up. It probably took less than 10 mins including pegs.

It is a fantastic bit of kit and creates an extra room, enabling you to store kit or sit out in the evening. The only downside is if you want to use the van, but in reality it is not such a hassle to leave the pegs in, unzip from the awning, then retract the awning.

I highly recommend, and it is a fraction of the cost of an official Fiamma kit.

Any further thoughts Richard? Currently looking at awnings and thinking tailgate for my slidepod but this also appeals.

I was really impressed with the awning room - sides and front - when I saw it/them in situ at the shop open day at the weekend. From the pictures I'd seen the room looked quite small, dark and pokey but in the flesh it was really roomy and you can get it in colours other than black. I thought the quality of the fabric and workmanship was excellent and on the whole, much more useful than a driveaway awning...:)

We did look at that and initially were keen but it requires the boot to be open at all times which seems a bit insecure for our taste :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We did look at that and initially we're keen but it requires the boot to be open at all times which seems a bit insecure for our taste :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, quite understand that one. We've reached 3 solutions for outside space, each for different uses of the Cali.
You are coming to Brean, I think, I can show you our solutions then if it is of interest. I don't think there is a perfect answer, either the storage bag is too big, or the awning is too hard to put up or it takes too long to take apart if you want to move the Cali.
Look forward to seeing you both in May.
Simon & Helen

Back