Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My first Camper

Hi and welcome. Keeping it fairly local for the first couple of trips is probably a good plan if your not that familiar with the vehicle. Other than that just get out and enjoy it. First couple of trips for us were getting familiar with everything and now it’s more about where we go. At first I don’t think it matters. Enjoy

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi, welcome.

Where to go? Well, you could almost take a pin and stick it in a map......
We asked ourselves this very question in February this year and ended up on our driveway for our first night (just in case something went wrong or we had forgotten anything........etc!!)
Went on to spend 43 nights away in 8 countries during June-August - the night on the driveway was a great investment!
It's all about what you feel comfortable about/doing.

We picked up our first camper last weekend. We stayed on a campsite in the Lake District as it’s familiar to us. However we did forget the gas canister. Luckily we remembered 5 mins after setting off.
Enjoy your first trip wherever you go

Congratulations and welcome.

How about the Yorkshire Dales or the Lake District or even both. Not to far for your first trip away and always stunning regardless of the weather. :thumb

Welcome I would keep it local but whatever enjoy it

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say Hi. Got my first camper and now I’m looking forward to getting out and about in it. Any advice on where to go?

Matt
Welcome Matt
So tell us about your plans, please. Where are you heading?

Not too far from a shop!
Reason being our first trip out to try the mobile teapot resulted in lovely fish&chips by the sea, a boiled kettle, cups and milk out of the fridge only to find we had delegated each other to pack some tea bags...............in our case the proximity of a shop was a life saver.
I think if you remember the teabags then as far away from any shops as possible.
Enjoy!

Hi Matt,

Firstly a big warm welcome

As for where to go? Well, I'm up your way next week, standedge, but probably a bit too close to home for you :D

Personally, this time of year, short days and long nights, go where there are people. A full facility campsite or a britstop, somewhere where you will at least meet people. Now,me? Yorkshire Dales. Nice and close, great stops, great place, great people.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say Hi. Got my first camper and now I’m looking forward to getting out and about in it. Any advice on where to go?

Matt

A warm Welcome Matt. No advice unless you share the obligatory pics of your camper :)

You have some of the best camping spot just under where you are. Drive to the peak district - maybe on the snake road and wild camp around the reservoir?

A warm Welcome Matt. No advice unless you share the obligatory pics of your camper :)

You have some of the best camping spot just under where you are. Drive to the peak district - maybe on the snake road and wild camp around the reservoir?
Pictures will arrive this weekend my friend. Thank you

Hi Matt,

Firstly a big warm welcome

As for where to go? Well, I'm up your way next week, standedge, but probably a bit too close to home for you :D

Personally, this time of year, short days and long nights, go where there are people. A full facility campsite or a britstop, somewhere where you will at least meet people. Now,me? Yorkshire Dales. Nice and close, great stops, great place, great people.

World + oyster......identify passion add adventure!, oh and welcome!

Hi everyone,

Matt

Everywhere! - HTH :thumb