My radio won't turn off!,

Skylark2.0

Skylark2.0

The adventure with Starlight Expess begins
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
The strangest thing happened. When I turned the engine off the radio came on and wouldn't turn off before 30 mins were up. None of the buttons would work and it was classic fm or bust!
Does anyone have any ideas?

The strangest thing happened. When I turned the engine off the radio came on and wouldn't turn off before 30 mins were up. None of the buttons would work and it was classic fm or bust!
Which Radio?

If it is the RNS 510 then a software reset might be needed - like Control/Alt/Delete on a computer
Watch the video . Not the Factory Reset but the 3 Finger Reset.

Last edited:

At least it was Classic FM and not Radio 1 :shocked

I think I would have lost the will to live had it been that :sad

Scala Radio definitely.:thumb

Which Radio?

If it is the RNS 510 then a software reset might be needed - like Control/Alt/Delete on a computer

I wondered if I would need to do that, thanks, WG
The strange thing is that now it has mysteriously fixed itself!
Thanks for your help.

At least it was Classic FM and not Radio 1 :shocked

I think I would have lost the will to live had it been that :sad
LOVE Classic fm with occasional blasts from the 80s!
Very good for the soul

I just had that experience whilst we were driving along. Lasted about 5 mins - everything went blank on the display and none of the buttons worked. Then it reset itself and all ok again. Weird.

So 30 mins, that would be three shockingly bad playings of Pachelbel's Canon then...? Give me Radio 1, TBH.

:upsidedown

I have yet to hear Classic FM play the same piece of music three times in 30 minutes but I have heard a Radio 1 DJ make the same, stupid, innane comment many times more than three in thirty minutes :shocked

Last edited:
I just had that experience whilst we were driving along. Lasted about 5 mins - everything went blank on the display and none of the buttons worked. Then it reset itself and all ok again. Weird.
A friend proposed that car systems are targets for hackers but I am abit sceptical...!

Similar thing happened to us the other day on our Discover Media unit, screen went blank, radio stayed on, none of the buttons worked and removing the key made no difference, got out, locked and unlocked using the remote, this fixed it and it’s not happened again.

Which Radio?

Thank you so much for sharing this. I just had the very same issue - except it was Radio 4 blasting out and no response from any of the buttons. But the 3 finger reset sorted it. Phew!

What 3 finger reset please
Thank you so much for sharing this. I just had the very same issue - except it was Radio 4 blasting out and no response from any of the buttons. But the 3 finger reset sorted it. Phew!
What’s the 3 finger reset? Please explain.

Back