My19 v My17

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi, I just took delivery of my MY19 Cali and noticed a few things I was not expecting - mostly positive.
In comparison - thought it worth a share.
Ride seems less crashy on 235's (Inflation pressure 10psi lower than 215's - could be a factor)
Many fewer rattles and creaks - maybe partly a result of softer ride.
Less road noise
New front pop up roof seal profile
Sweet spot for turning drivers seat round in one movement. (is the seat slightly smaller?)
Front of Pop up bellows very susceptible to getting trapped between roof and front seal. (due to front bellow plastic assist insert not present in new full front opening)
The pop-up roof hatch is very stiff to open and close what with all the extra fabric (zips) needed for the full frontal opening window. Edit: now solved with a smear of candle wax in the runners - just a touch!
The blind over the sliding door now goes all the way down without stopping at misaligned trim.

Last edited:
It’s funny. Forums are normally full of whiners. It’s nice to read a positive review. It’s even better that VW are either listening to customers or their R&D team are making positive changes.

Yes we noticed smoother ride. And I managed to turn the drivers seat without instruction from Mrs Trev. Perhaps that’s because I’ve been paying attention? Plus the split glass hob cover. Cupboard lights and ambient lights.

You forgot the lights in and around cupboards, split glass worktop and the tap!

It’s funny. Forums are normally full of whiners. It’s nice to read a positive review. It’s even better that VW are either listening to customers or their R&D team are making positive changes.
We are on our first Cali wagon and I have to say its all good. Yep there are a few niggly bits but waaayyyy outbalanced by the good stuff. Had it for only 10 days and we are loving it. Great fun :)

You forgot the lights in and around cupboards, split glass worktop and the tap!
Oh, not forgotten, I was expecting those items, I was just trying to list those differences I was not.

Yes we noticed smoother ride. And I managed to turn the drivers seat without instruction from Mrs Trev. Perhaps that’s because I’ve been paying attention? Plus the split glass hob cover. Cupboard lights and ambient lights.
Sorry if I misled but I was only trying to list items I was not expecting to find/see. Of course appreciate the other items......